Sadoun is pricy.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

coinmaster32

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 25, 2010
USA
Not trying to do any bashing, but how does Sadoun stay afloat when they are way higher then other websites?

Here are some examples:

The HARL-3624 Actuator can be purchases at leomall's ebay store for $50.59 shipped. Sadoun is $75 for the same exact actuator NOT including shipping.

Several eBay stores sell the DMX-741 C/Ku LNB for $35 shipped. Sadoun is $10 more.

The Sathawk PVR-800HD aka the Openbox S9 can be had on eBay for $129 shipped. Sadoun is $30 more without shipping.

And I, for one, prefer to reward those who contribute to our hobby. I'm more inclined to deal with our sponsors ( and Sadoun, a former sponsor) because of the value they add to the hobby. I look for the lowest price, and then I make a value judgement on whether I can afford the purchase. Sadoun is one of the "good guys" . That counts for something.
:)

I was making a point that Sadoun has an Ebay store too. He has had some sales on there too so unlike your 2 posts which bring NOTHING to the table (you've had a few posts like that today) mine at least gives the OP an option if he really wants to buy from Ebay

I like dealing with an established company, and have done business with Sadoun quite a few times.
He's taken care of problems, and helped even if it's as small a matter as giving info or advice.

If you like buying on eBay, Sadoun has very competitive prices there.
And like any deals, you have to watch for sales, closeouts, etc., and buy things you know you'll want in the future.

For a $5 or $10 item, I'd buy anywhere.
But if I'm concerned with support on a pricey item, then our site sponsors (and former) would get consideration.

Our sponsor, Galaxy-Marketing, had the 741 for 19.99 plus shipping two weeks ago. I know, I bought one. Just FYI.

The 741 needs to be covered if used for sure! And the one you order is likely the one with the orange "piggybacked" Ku side. Not that this is a problem for everyone.....but....its not as pictured on the site (I'm referring to the one-color all metal body.) And, in the case of my customer, the LNB label is obviously changed.

My original 741 provided by a satelliteguys.us member performs well and is still going strong, but its an older one, all metal housing. I like the earlier one, based on experience.

I had a customer who used the water-sealed fittings on the newer one with the orange Ku section and it still leaked, and went dead, looks like the electronics compartment may have leaked water. Granted, covering is advisable, but it lasted less than a week.

Seal, seal, seal......cover, cover, cover.

Attachments

• lnb2.jpg
    lnb2.jpg
    423.5 KB · Views: 301
The 741 needs to be covered if used for sure! And the one you order is likely the one with the orange "piggybacked" Ku side. Not that this is a problem for everyone.....but....its not as pictured on the site (I'm referring to the one-color all metal body.) And, in the case of my customer, the LNB label is obviously changed.

My original 741 provided by a satelliteguys.us member performs well and is still going strong, but its an older one, all metal housing. I like the earlier one, based on experience.

I had a customer who used the water-sealed fittings on the newer one with the orange Ku section and it still leaked, and went dead, looks like the electronics compartment may have leaked water. Granted, covering is advisable, but it lasted less than a week.

Seal, seal, seal......cover, cover, cover.

I don't leave ANY LNB in the weather. Its too easy to cover them. Especially down here in tropical rain and heat, heat is the enemy of electronics.

I've dealt with Sadoun many times and had excellent service. Any problem I've had they took care of it. They've found parts for me that no one else had. I for one will pay a little for decent service. Yes I've been to their store and warehouse and it cost money to stock what they have there. Blind

dang :eek: that looks bad

Did you PM Robby about it?
We didn't "PM" but we did write our sales rep....they must be quite busy. Hadn't heard yet on this issue.
They did contact me personally about a part I needed that was missing from an order of late. I appreciated that very much.

I have bought stuff from sadoun a few times. I like them, they have good customer service and will ship to Canada :)

I had my dmx c band lnbf outside for 2 Canadian winters now uncovered, and it is still in great shape... no leaking/ cracking...

Plus keep in mind, for many tech items one may face the need for repair or warranty replacement. In most EBay stores it may be problematic, unless they have solid reputation, specify decent warranty terms, and are located in NA. Shipping from NA to CN is more expensive than wise versa, and you never know, if and when your repaired product will come back. I shipped once a Power Drill Li-ion battery pack on warranty to CN only to get the replacement pack in 6 months. :)

I bought from Sadoun before. Their prices were great and so was the customer service. What is even greater is if I need any FTA item, I can get it the same day as they are a bit over two hours from here.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)