Sami 10ft questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Thanks sounds good. Gonna try that now. My location is south mills nc. Which is the va nc state line I got it from a guy in va beach. How much is the elevation and such gonna be off? I figured it be all most the same as it was only 40 miles from the dishes original home. What do u guys think?

staticmap

IF it was correct before it should be very close...but you still need to check it!

Of you want to, compare the sami's polar angle (in your pic) to that of your 69.99 special. they would be the same at your location.
Simon Bolivar @ 78W looks like a good one to use for your Zenith, 3888 V 23000 (I think, from memory)

well I'm getting amc 9 at pa channel at about 50 quality and rtv s2 at about 85 on ses2 after that i get nothing.i can use 78 west? i didn't think it was useable here?

well should i set that as my true south.im thinking ses2 is set as my true south and thats whats throwing me off among other things I'm sure

If you get it, that's what I would use, as it's the closest to due south. Then adjust the azimuth while moving away from it.

I'm not getting anything at the ends. I tried getting analog cspan and qvc and I couldn't get them. Is the declination that much off?

Only further investigation will determine if it's the dec. Before doing anything else, see if lifting or pushing down on the dish, at the furthest west or east satellites gains signal. If both the same, having to to push down(or up) on the ends, the dec is off. If one side up, the other side down, the azimuth is off.

Is my pic of the angle finder in the right spot. I adjusted the elevation earlier and made it to certain channels in the galaxy 3c sat. It showed higher elevation than 37 elevation though.

Set the elevation on satellite 78W. Then, as you move the dish away from south, adjust the azimuth to optimize Q. When you get the last satellite, and Q is optimized by adjusting azimuth, lock the azimuth. Check operation on the other side.
Your reading in the pic, taking into account normal errors, looks good. Must be, If you're tracking fairly well along the center of your arc.
Modified declination angle puts that closer to 38°. http://www.geo-orbit.org/sizepgs/decchartp.html

I'm getting 83 87 91 don't see the 78 transponder. I don't think it's my feedhorn off I think it's elevation and azimuth. Maybe the declination. Wish someone could tune er for me lol

I guess if I don't try to lock my true south sat I'm shooting myself in the foot as I'm going past the arc huh

Well I started on 83 but i have 91. Can I tune down to the Shepard channel and adjust the azmuith til the analog channel comes in clean think that would put me back on the arc.

I'm getting the CBS 4:22 on 89 so I have to be at the right elevation just when I leave the top all is lost after 91 lol

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)