Samsung Omnia Verizon

I have seen a lot of reports of success in unlocking gps.
The reports are correct! I flashed mine with the 'unofficial' new version CC20 ROM from Samsung, and the GPS now works! You also get a few other new features as a bonus. If you follow the directions to the letter, the flash will likely go perfectly. Took me about 10 minutes, and had no problems at all. Some of the failed upgrades reported were from not following the directions; the other common failure factor seems to be trying to a USB 1.0 or 1.1 connection to the phone.

@rockymtnhigh: There is also now a version of the original ROM floating around - so if you do get into trouble for some reason, you can always reflash back to that one.

The reports are correct! I flashed mine with the 'unofficial' new version CC20 ROM from Samsung, and the GPS now works! You also get a few other new features as a bonus. If you follow the directions to the letter, the flash will likely go perfectly. Took me about 10 minutes, and had no problems at all. Some of the failed upgrades reported were from not following the directions; the other common failure factor seems to be trying to a USB 1.0 or 1.1 connection to the phone.

@rockymtnhigh: There is also now a version of the original ROM floating around - so if you do get into trouble for some reason, you can always reflash back to that one.

Thanks. I have been buried in work the past week, but I think tomorrow will be the day. Good to know there is original ROM out there too. :)

Okay so after I had problems with my HTC touch pro and had to send it back to the seller I have been looking to replace my storm still and couldnt find a touch pro with the price I found it in the condition I was happy with on ebay...well today I looked and found a omnia that Suited my needs and was in great condition and to be honest I need to dump the storm, I want windows back, anyways it will be here tommorow, bought it for 250 and its in brand new shape, lets hope it will activate and I will be cooking with this phone :) how is yours working out mike?

The king of cell phones makes a switch again. :)

I am very happy with mine. I use SPB Shell 2.0; although I use it in conjunction with the Samsung today screen. I downloaded the new SPB3.0 and dumped it in a few hours; I like 2.0 best.

Still haven't downloaded the rom; I want to, but have been so busy, I haven't had the time.

The king of cell phones makes a switch again. :)

I am very happy with mine. I use SPB Shell 2.0; although I use it in conjunction with the Samsung today screen. I downloaded the new SPB3.0 and dumped it in a few hours; I like 2.0 best.

Still haven't downloaded the rom; I want to, but have been so busy, I haven't had the time.

I got spb 3.0 up and running and so far so good, i really like it, of course with the new weatherbug widget in the leaked rom I like that too, but anyways I am working on getting all my customizations in this phone!

yep, and so far with 6 hours of usage my battery has gone down 20%! I have been very pleased with this phone so far, with little to no tweaks running! oh and GPS is runnign every half an hour just to keep it warm for me when I need it :)

yep, and so far with 6 hours of usage my battery has gone down 20%! I have been very pleased with this phone so far, with little to no tweaks running! oh and GPS is runnign every half an hour just to keep it warm for me when I need it :)

What shell are you running? SPB2.0? or 3.0?

OK, I went back to this page, clicked on the image, and went into WInMoDaco, registered, and downloaded the RAR file; for the life of me I can not find any instructions to follow. When I open the RAR file there is an executable, which I loaded in Windows, but it has two options, Win6.1 DPRAM or just WM6.1

There is no instructions; nothing. I am a bit leery to move forward, not knowing what the heck I am doing. I realize this should be easy, but from that thread I have not found any instructions.

i dont have youtupe at the office
the main site is

Pointui

i dont htink thye have facebook itegration yet, but someone may be making that applet

okay I just installed a program called emoze for push email.....now this is amazing, if you are tired of waiting the 15 minutes for email to come through check it out! www.emoze.com...also I dont know what it does to battery life as it has been on a charger since I did it...but will know more today.

alright mike after our talk i actuallty went ahead and flashed win 6.5 on the hone and its awesome....remember you have to flash the leaked rom first ( which is the tricky flash, this 6.5 flash went straight through easy as pie.

I figure eventually the leaked rom won't be leaked anymore, and then I'll do it. Yup, chicken s#$% but I don't want to brick the phone. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)