Samsung QLED TVs

I have 2 LG Oled tv’s and I do not repeat do not baby mine. There are burn in on OLED tv’s but they are very few. It seems like many here are saying the sky is falling for OLED when it’s not the case. The day I need to baby my OLED is when I need to switch to something else. Plasma was much likely to have burn in than the OLEDs of today.
Oh yeah. I still have a plasma of 12 years that is still going strong too!

The best reviewer is yourself . I looked at all the OLED , QLED . With different settings and sizes and My daughter and I thought the Sony was the way to go . The picture in my opinion was the best. Everyone has their own opinions. That’s why they make so many different TVs . To each their own .

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

The best reviewer is yourself .
There's little doubt of this, but you can't ignore some of the observations from the field regarding reliability and street prices.

This is especially important with some of the more fringe uses such as using TVs for computer monitors, variable screen rate gaming and live streaming that you may not be able to readily evaluate in the typical showroom.

Reactions: charlesrshell
You should probably take a gander at this thread:

OLED DISH Burn In

Granted, it is a 2017 model in question but as I recall, they didn't change anything for a year or two.

Yep. Saw it.
Really sorry it happened to one of our respected members here.
I’m not about to go looking for trouble on my tv. If I wanted to do that I’d be on AVS posting every night that the sky is falling like most there.

To suggest that there is no problem because you've carefully avoided seeing the symptoms isn't something on which you should build a case.

Your right. I’m wrong I should have never bought OLED. I’m going to run out now and sell both because I have no issues.
I’ll buy another type of technology that has their issues.
I am so relieved now.
Thanks for helping me see the light of day.

Reactions: Jimbo and Foxbat
So, what makes Qled's supposedly worth $500+ dollars more than a good LED 4k set of the same size? I'll be shopping for a new set soon enough, but with prices nowadays, it's hard to justify spending that much on a tv set.

Other companies have LED backlighting that make use of Quantum Dots to produce richer, purer Primary colors. CES 2015 was the first I had seen Quantum Dots in person at the Sharp display, and the Reds were truly deeper than any other LCD set I had seen at the time. But it's still an LCD panel. Samsung marketing saw the OLEDs were getting the marketing buzz for their remarkable black levels and contrast ratios and saw that consumers might easily confuse QLED with OLED, especially if they were priced similarly. QLED is real, but should be priced about 20% lower than they are to reflect the fact they are nothing but LED-backlit LCD panels using QuantumDot technology to shift the Blue/UV LED backlights to Red and Green and the right shade of Blue.

Reactions: primestar31
In that Quantum Dot technology behaves differently from standard LCD, it should be distinguished from "white" backlit/edgelit LCD.

At some point, Quantum Dot technology may be practically applied to OLED and it should be set apart there as well.

Ok, guess I should have figured the "Q" stood for Quantum Dot, but I didn't connect it until you posted. I've looked around a little bit, but not real seriously as I'm waiting to see when Atsc 3.0 tuners will be added. Then I'll be more serious in my research.

I have 2 LG Oled tv’s and I do not repeat do not baby mine. There are burn in on OLED tv’s but they are very few. It seems like many here are saying the sky is falling for OLED when it’s not the case. The day I need to baby my OLED is when I need to switch to something else. Plasma was much likely to have burn in than the OLEDs of today.
Oh yeah. I still have a plasma of 12 years that is still going strong too!

Yup, same here, I play my Xbox and ps4 often and many games have static stuff on the screen and I’ve had 0 issues with it.

I think people freak out too much about burn in.
Consoles have an auto dimming feature built in Incase you don’t do anything, Netflix has a built in feature if you leave the screen paused too long that it starts the screensaver automatically and directv does the same.

I decided to get a LG 55SK9000PUA. So far she looks great to me. Wife likes the picture better than the OLED. We moved the LG OLED55C7P to our bedroom.

I just purchased a Samsung Q60 this past weekend. So far we like it! It’s a huge upgrade from the LG we had before that lasted 5.5 years.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

I just purchased a Samsung Q60 this past weekend. So far we like it! It’s a huge upgrade from the LG we had before that lasted 5.5 years.
Five years and change is not a particularly long life compared to what TV lifetimes (the point at which the performance is obviously degraded) used to be.

I'm pretty sure that this is a pattern that the manufacturers are more than happy to establish lower standards for.

Reactions: Neutron
Five years and change is not a particularly long life compared to what TV lifetimes (the point at which the performance is obviously degraded) used to be.

I'm pretty sure that this is a pattern that the manufacturers are more than happy to establish lower standards for.

The TV we had before that was a Mitsubishi DLP that went through 3 bulbs in 7.5 years. We replaced it because the light engine was going out.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
The TV we had before that was a Mitsubishi DLP that went through 3 bulbs in 7.5 years. We replaced it because the light engine was going out.
My main TV is a 2005 JVC LCOS. Not as many moving parts as a DLP (no twisty mirrors or color wheels). I'm one year into the third lamp but my TV is only on about four hours a day.

Of course in the intervening years, 3D essentially came and went and I'm not able to partake in UHD but I'm not convinced I'm missing all that much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts