Samsung SIR-TS360 not displaying HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

touw_22

Original poster
Mar 29, 2009
Rockville, MD
Hello,
I'm new to this forum, so I hope I'm posting in the correct place - I apologize if not.
I bought a Samsung SIR-TS360 still in the box from a lady on craigslist. I successfully activated the box through Directv.
Problem is, the box is not displaying the HD signal?
I have it hooked to my HD television using a DVI to HDMI cable, the output is 1080i on the box - the picture looks horrible.
I also noticed that the "HD" light on the display (next to the current channel) is not lighting up.
I tried the box on other satellite inputs in the house which successfully display HD and this one still does not.
It's almost as if it is not recognizing the HD signal.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Steve

That is an old box which is not capable of decoding MPEG4 signals. It will only be good for SD and OTA reception. There are only a few MPEG2 HD channels still in the 70's that will be going away soon.

Tweeter loaned me one of these boxes years ago when my Sony SAT HD 100 was out for repairs. It was a good box in its time.

I had one of the Samsungs and found it to be the buggiest box I ever owned. I was glad to get rid of it! I replaced it with an LG 3200a. Now that was a nice unit!

I actually use mine for OTA in our main conference room. Works great. It's hidden in a cabinet so while it is big, it's hidden.

I still have my Hughes HTL-HD receiver. I may get around to connecting it to the OTA antenna for use elsewhere. Or maybe sell it to someone that needs a converter box.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts