Sat 103 (a) Transponders

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

hikersc

Original poster
Dec 26, 2007
I had a Slimline (5 LNB) Dish installed about two weeks ago as an upgrade to HD. I decided to write down all of my transponder signal strengths for future reference if I had a problem. Although I have not noticed any problems, I ran the same check today and noticed that 1 - 6 transponders on Sat 103 (a) were now reading 0 but were 97 73 98 0 98 78 when I first checked two weeks ago. All other 10 transponders on 103 (a) are the same and all other Sats (101, 110, 119, 99 (b), 103 (b)) are the same.

Any idea why transponders would come and go? The first check was on a Saturday and the last check was today (Monday). I would have thought any alignment shift would effect all transponders on a particular Sat.

The 103a satellite is used for spot beams to provide locals. D* from time to time moves channels to different transponders, and as a result, relocate where some transponders are aiming at, resulting in fluctuating signal levels. As long as you aren't missing any channels, I wouldn't worry about it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)