Sat 77

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Doubt it, since the Conn. and red X message specifically means that a LNB is detected, but no valid sat signal is present. The firmware on the LNB would have to be modified to permanently disable that specific LNB and I doubt they would even bother. Plus, and I'm guessing you used a 1000.4 EA LNBF, it belongs to port one on the switch, so it's alot harder for a receiver itself to hide it being empty compared to port 3/4 like some portable dishes do when you are only getting 2 sats.
You're likely right and it's probably not worth any workaround programming effort. It's certainly not something I'll lose any sleep over since it primarily only affects those of us using 1000.4's with EA triple LNB's. I think I'll semi-permanently shield the 77 LNB to make aiming a tad easier.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I hope Rafaelccs is right about expanding the bandwidth for Dish Mexico, hopefully increasing their English language channels. This would expand their market in Latin America greatly.
No way they will include 100% english content.....what they do is they have affiliates or latin operations different names, that send the same content a 2 o 3 months latter than the first broadcast most in both Spanish and english at least in the DirecTV (AT&T). The space should be because of the 720p or 1080 p formerly SD now HD that consumes more bandwidth than SD most providers are MPEG 4 and as I have posted it's complicated to migrate all systems to CODEC H.265 or some other newer CODEC so they can compress more content in less bandwidth....

No way they will include 100% english content.....what they do is they have affiliates or latin operations different names, that send the same content a 2 o 3 months latter than the first broadcast most in both Spanish and english at least in the DirecTV (AT&T). The space should be because of the 720p or 1080 p formerly SD now HD that consumes more bandwidth than SD most providers are MPEG 4 and as I have posted it's complicated to migrate all systems to CODEC H.265 or some other newer CODEC so they can compress more content in less bandwidth....
Well, I'd say that it isn't really as "complicated" for the source media entity as it is COSTLY to change to a new codec, especially, in some cases, when the media company may have to pay the expenses for some of the affiliates/recipients. AFAIK, there is no shortage of transmission/relay/feed space among satellites for media company feeds and a fair amount of content (especially back feeds, not for Air content along with more and more for Air content) is sent/fed by Fiber. MPEG4 is doing just fine and MORE in regards to space (number of channels) per transponder and Fiber--for media company feeds.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Well, I'd say that it isn't really as "complicated" for the source media entity as it is COSTLY to change to a new codec, especially, in some cases, when the media company may have to pay the expenses for some of the affiliates/recipients. AFAIK, there is no shortage of transmission/relay/feed space among satellites for media company feeds and a fair amount of content (especially back feeds, not for Air content along with more and more for Air content) is sent/fed by Fiber. MPEG4 is doing just fine and MORE in regards to space (number of channels) per transponder and Fiber--for media company feeds.
What you mention is B2B. In this case I agree if a new CODEC is needed then they might change for free between B2B, or based upon the number of subscribers, also the broadcast or data transfer via fiber is vast.

My point was based upon B2C (Service Providers to Customers) and more specifically to Satellite Service Providers, because FCC has given them finite bandwidth, so even if they have full advantage of the orbital slots they were granted their frequencies are finite and regulated, this is not the case with Fiber communications. Lets say they could fit with CODEC Mpeg 4 around an average of 12 to 14 HD channels per transponder and CODEC H.265 that is around 1.5 to 2 times more efficient meaning they could fit up to 28 HD channels in the same bandwidth. Now to migrate to a new CODEC not only will the satellite providers have to invest in new broadcast equipment, but they will need all their customers as well to have the hardware to receive the new technology, the investment might be prohibitive....

Regards.

Reactions: TheKrell
"Orbital 77 went down on Tuesday November 9th. It is causing some Easter (eastern) Arc (EA) VIP receivers to continuously reboot, get stuck on the 'Acquiring Signal' message, or go to a black screen."
But it was scheduled to go away. (Unless it went down before it was scheduled to go away) But I knew a few months ago it would be going away.

But it was scheduled to go away. (Unless it went down before it was scheduled to go away) But I knew a few months ago it would be going away.
I imagine it intentionally went down and dish is just using strange verbage here. It amazes me how unprepared they were to do this though, I've been to 6 service calls within the past 2 days involving Sat 77.

• Sad
But it is impossible to correctly install new receivers on 1000.4 dishes now.
What do you mean by that? Will a Node for a Hopper 1/2 not work just because one sat is missing? New receivers should just show Conn. on the port and let you continue setup, unless I’m missing something. Also, 1000.4 with a DPH42 switch should work just fine, just don’t connect port 1 (port 2 is 72.1 and 3 is 61.5)
(Unless it went down before it was scheduled to go away)
The satellite itself is still there, lyngsat is showing the transponders for Dish Mexico still active, the CONUS transponders are completely blank on the other hand.

To bad you didn't post anything in the threads regarding the moves on locals migrating to other satellite from that orbital slot (77°W), al we did was speculate......but eventually (November 9) we finally learned.

It amazes me how unprepared they were to do this though, I've been to 6 service calls within the past 2 days involving Sat 77.
No kidding. I would have preferred for any disappearing orbitals simply to show loss of signal if you try to select a channel formerly present. I would not expect a receiver to get into a boot loop! If they are going to fail this spectacularly, Dish should have rolled out new firmware w/o any capability of switching to 77 whatsoever.

I imagine it intentionally went down and dish is just using strange verbage here. It amazes me how unprepared they were to do this though, I've been to 6 service calls within the past 2 days involving Sat 77.
Dishnetwork not renewing the lease of those transponders only indicates me that they're not in their best financial moments....
I will guess the Mexico operation is struggling as well, time will tell, the fact is that they do not own the satellite what they own is the permission of the FCC to operate and commercially exploit that orbital slot. The monthly fees burden was given to the Mexico operation.

Regards.

No kidding. I would have preferred for any disappearing orbitals simply to show loss of signal if you try to select a channel formerly present. I would not expect a receiver to get into a boot loop! If they are going to fail this spectacularly, Dish should have rolled out new firmware w/o any capability of switching to 77 whatsoever.
Shut your mouth! The 722k firmware is perfectly fine the way it is. Dish tries to change that now, after not looking at the COBOL it likely runs on for a decade... who knows what could happen?! :D

• Haha
To bad you didn't post anything in the threads regarding the moves on locals migrating to other satellite from that orbital slot (77°W), al we did was speculate......but eventually (November 9) we finally learned.
They didn't give a date besides sometime by the end of the year.

Eastern Arc is now (I believe) all MPEG4.
Small exception (lol)

tp14.PNG

Dishnetwork not renewing the lease of those transponders only indicates me that they're not in their best financial moments....
I will guess the Mexico operation is struggling as well, time will tell, the fact is that they do not own the satellite what they own is the permission of the FCC to operate and commercially exploit that orbital slot. The monthly fees burden was given to the Mexico operation.

Regards.
The 77 bird hasn't been needed for the US for several years now. None of the current Eastern Arc LNB's are even aimed at it. The 77 only channels were just a few locals that were easily moved to 72.7 seamlessly to the subscribers in those DMA's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)