SAT-B Signal Drop

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Barney

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 4, 2004
Kyle in Republic of Texas
Howdy, new member here. Have been with D* around 6 yrs. Used to have Time Warner.
My question, SAT B used to be above 90%...now 83% (central Texas). A friend in Chicago used to be 83% now mid 60%. Does a SAT move? Did D* move the SAT to make a "slot" for 7, that was just launched. Did SAT C move also, it dropped some also. SAT A is still 93%. Have a SonySATHD300 STB/Toshiba 51HX83. Thanks.

Barney

Yes, D* is moving from the old Sat B to the new one. The signal is probably going to fluctuate for a while.

Thanks Chris. I guess it effects some areas more than others & maybe older STB's have a harder time "re-booting" when signal fluctuates....just guessing here. I'm very excited from some of the "info" here about D* and what we D* customers will soon be offered.
Brings up another question.......are we D* customers going to need to upgrade our dish/LNB's with possible 2 dishes?

Thanks again.

Barney

Only if you want locals in a really small market. I don't think they'll use the 72.5 slot for anything else, so the Phase III will be fine for the near future.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts