Status
Please reply by conversation.

meldar_b

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 20, 2006
Floyd Co. Kentucky
How far away can I set my D* satellite dish from my house in feet :confused:

Looks like I will be needing to set my dish away from my house due to my local terrain (hills). It does look like a hilltop might be blocking the signal from 119 after all:eek:

On my last post http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv-forum/164091-another-local-question.html I said that I was going to be checking using the Place satellite dish using sun or moon method. Well the moon pasted at that spot in sky just a few degrees south of the 119 sat friday morning at 6:25am and the moon was right in the trees. So it is going to be a close call for me to get that sat 119 after all. Hopefully the sun will prove me right:rolleyes: but I doubt it now:down

Apologies to the install tech from Bellsouth in July 2006 if your out there reading this :what :shocked I have ripped you pretty good over the years.

I'm looking at a possible 150-200 foot cable run for my D* install. Now is this install going to be a possibility for me now?

Thanks

Last edited:
200' is the max suggested. For that run, you will need to pony up and instead of the installers RG6, you will need your own supply of RG11 cable and outdoor compression connectors (the tool to install the connectors too). This size cable has a lower loss on a long run like you are proposing. You will want to bury the cable yourself too. You best plan of attack is to get a supervisor come, site the location and install the pole. Show him the cable you want to use, confirm it is acceptable. After the pole is set (wait a few days) rent a trencher and bury the cable. Leave plenty of excess at the pole and inside where the multiswitch is going. Final lengths can be done at time of dish install.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts