Sat Setup

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Apprentice

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 28, 2008
Wichita Kansas
Ok attached is the way I think it should go but it don't work. I am sure I am missing something simple and just not getting it. Can someone line me out on what should be done instead of what I am doing :confused:

Chuck

Attachments

• Satellite Setup Document.pdf
    196.2 KB · Views: 156
Get rid of the ota. Run that seperate. The only time I would run a diplexer is in a simple switch free setup. One dish and an ota antenna. With more than one dish, in my opinion you are better off seperating the ota from the sat signal. I don't think that ota signals and diseqc switches get along all that well.

I thought about doing that. Just running another cable to each room for the OTA. Might be easier. but would be nice to do it in one run.

Put a 2 way splitter after your OTA antenna then diplex outside the house between your 4X2 switch and each receiver, connecting one diplexer for each receiver run. Then diplex at the receivers.
Bob

I will try that and see how that works. I have plenty of dipexers so no problem to try that. Rat Shack carries perfect vision ones here for like 9 dollars so I bought a few :)

Thanks wescopc

Working Now

Thanks for the help with the setup. The attached is what was suggested and works just fine :)

Chuck

Attachments

• Two dish and two STB setup.pdf
    91.2 KB · Views: 597
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)