Satellite at the tailgate. please help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wolfpackman

Original poster
Aug 27, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Hey guys I'm a noob at this whole satellite thing but I've been trying to get a setup ready in time for our first tailgate on september 4th. I've got a H21-200 Directv reciever, an old 18 inch round dish, a tv, and a honda generator to power everything. I had the setup working with a standard reciever but i upgraded to the HD receiver so i could use it at the apartment too. I dont need to get HD channels at the tailgate, just need to get espn and other channels so we can watch some other games. I was just wondering if yall could give me any pointers on the best and fastest way to get it setup. The zip code is 27607 for the parking lot we tailgate at.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris

Hey guys I'm a noob at this whole satellite thing but I've been trying to get a setup ready in time for our first tailgate on september 4th. I've got a H21-200 Directv reciever, an old 18 inch round dish, a tv, and a honda generator to power everything. I had the setup working with a standard reciever but i upgraded to the HD receiver so i could use it at the apartment too. I dont need to get HD channels at the tailgate, just need to get espn and other channels so we can watch some other games. I was just wondering if yall could give me any pointers on the best and fastest way to get it setup. The zip code is 27607 for the parking lot we tailgate at.

Thanks,
Chris
Sounds like you got the right idea.
Just make sure to practice at home setting it up so your GOOD at it by the time you go.

i went out there to test it out the other day but had no success. I have a better understanding of the elevation and azimuth now so im hoping that i can get it working.

In your setup you have to be sure to "tell" the system what type dish you have . When you're home you have a slimline but with the 18" dual LNB, you will have to run a system check. Just takes a few more minutes. Does that answer your question? You should search on "tailgate" as there are dozens of topics and posts on this subject. It is a little bit more difficult to setup using an HD recvr and an SD dish, but not HUGE. :cool:

Thanks,
Chris

IF the mast is "plumb" everthing else falls into place. Suggest you use the 18" dish for your tailgate plans. However, tilt only affects the 110, 119 99 & 103 sats. You will
use and tune the 101 satellite. Set the elevation on the plumb mast and swing the dish...SLOWLY through the Azimuth (or compass line) that is posted for your zip.
The AZ is the line to the 110 sat...9 degrees west (right) of the 101 so take your time. Run the signal meter found in setup on the 101 sat & select the correct dish.

Joe

Status
Please reply by conversation.