satellite in belize, central america

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

eldondee

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 11, 2008
Its my first time posting but here goes. I live in Belize. I have a 1.8m Channel Master Dish with a directv receiver. When I run the signal meter below are my results as of today, Wednesday, November 12, 2008

TRANSPONSER
1=82
2=94
3=0
4=0
5=80
6=82
7=0
8=81
9=71
10=96
11=0
12=0
13=80
14=85
15=0
16=85
17=79
18=0
19=0
20=0
21=79
22=89
23=0
24=86
25=82
26=0
27=0
28=0
29=84
30=88
31=0
32=92

I dont have a directv account and contacting directv they told me that the service is limited to the united states and Belize does not have a directv latin American Agent as yet any suggestions? If do get this service does my transponder results suggests that I may only get about half of the channels? if this is the case can anyone point me to an updated transponder to channel map?

I was able to also get my account setup for the Hughesnet Broadband internet. Meaning my SAN and PIN numbers and specific Satellite but the satellite was on the fact that I live in Miami, USA rather that Belize will that affect me, can the current dish location used for directv be used for Hughesnet Internet.

Thanks very much.

With those signal readings, I'd say you aren't looking at the 101 satellite. If you were, all TPs accept the spot beams at 4, 12, 18. 20, 26, and 28 should have values.

Hmm, ok Then I will try the 101 satellite. But which satellite is more important to be pointed to. Isnt it supposed to be the ones in which the most transponders have reading?

Thanks

ok here goes my specific receiver has satellite A and satellite B those reading were for satellite A. when its on satellite B I can only access transponders 22-32 some with reading but I also get a "wrong satellite"error on the screen. any idea?

Sat A is the 101 sat which DirecTV uses for its core CD programming. It uses all 32 TPs. Sat B is at 119 and DirecTV only uses TPs 22-32. There a a few spot beams (the odd ones) on it as well.

What receiver do you have?

Is it possible to get the satellites: 101, 110 and 119 with one LNB with the channel Master 1.8m Dish?
Thanks

Dish Network In Belize

Anybody have an idea about Dish Network Signal in Belize and its coordinates? I know DTV is great and I use point my 1.8m dish at an Azimuth of 210 deg and an elevation of 65 deg at the 101 bird.

Thanks

What exactly are you trying to get with the Directv satellite?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)