Satellite TV piracy and account stacking

So if not satellite who are the sources of content that pirates are selling out there today? cable?
Is NFL Sunday Ticket offered by pirates? if so where would they get it from?

Before the NFL ended the stadium sell out blackouts, I streamed a few Bills games illegally from sketchy sites. The feed was from DirecTV NFL ST as evident by the promos during the commercial breaks. I also streamed a UFC fight once years ago when the local Dave & Busters decided not to show it for some reason. That was also from DirecTV. When I tuned into the pirated feed the prelims from FX were on and then as 10 o'clock neared the channel banner popped up and you could see the numbers 1-2-3 being entered.

You clear the cards....basically when they uploaded to directv computers the data would be erased because there really wasnt alot of memory on the cards....the smart card reader read the data and then erased it from the card....
Obviously you never programed a H or HU card. While not hard there was a little more to it then that. Dish was much more difficult in the beginning. Anyone remember talk and freetalk?

Reactions: Jimbo
Locast with a VPN now adays
Before the NFL ended the stadium sell out blackouts, I streamed a few Bills games illegally from sketchy sites. The feed was from DirecTV NFL ST as evident by the promos during the commercial breaks. I also streamed a UFC fight once years ago when the local Dave & Busters decided not to show it for some reason. That was also from DirecTV. When I tuned into the pirated feed the prelims from FX were on and then as 10 o'clock neared the channel banner popped up and you could see the numbers 1-2-3 being entered.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Listen....people who had pcs back in the early 90s were nerds...there really was not much to figure out...later when PC's became popular..obviously they increased security
Obviously you never programed a H or HU card. While not hard there was a little more to it then that. Dish was much more difficult in the beginning. Anyone remember talk and freetalk?

Listen....people who had pcs back in the early 90s were nerds...there really was not much to figure out...later when PC's became popular..obviously they increased security

Hey! I had a PC in 1989! Oh, wait a minute.....

• Haha
Reactions: NYDutch
So if not satellite who are the sources of content that pirates are selling out there today? cable?
Is NFL Sunday Ticket offered by pirates? if so where would they get it from?

They are all broadcast on local channels somewhere. Whether they steal the content off Directv's NFLST channels or from Directv, cable, streaming or even OTA where they can be picked up as 'locals' is not really relevant. There is nothing Directv, cable providers etc. can do about someone hooking up a capture card to the output of a receiver and using that as the source for an illegal stream.

That's why no one is even trying to hack Directv's cards for years now, easier to capture output and stream it over the internet to your "customers" than try to sell them some hardware hack.

Its not worth the bother anymore
They are all broadcast on local channels somewhere. Whether they steal the content off Directv's NFLST channels or from Directv, cable, streaming or even OTA where they can be picked up as 'locals' is not really relevant. There is nothing Directv, cable providers etc. can do about someone hooking up a capture card to the output of a receiver and using that as the source for an illegal stream.

That's why no one is even trying to hack Directv's cards for years now, easier to capture output and stream it over the internet to your "customers" than try to sell them some hardware hack.

Was it a vic 20 or a commodore 64....or was it an apple....unless it was a trash 80 model 3 or even IBM

Tandy 1000SL. Had an 8088 processor, 40 meg hard drive, 5.25" and 3.5" floppys, dot matrix printer. 15" monitor. It cost $1600.

I remember everyone was hacking Directv, then all of a sudden almost over night everything switched to hacking Dish.

Then all the FTA garbage came out, Pansat, View Sat and the software that could be loaded via a simple USB thumb drive. Dish was really in trouble back then, and there was nothing they could do to stop it either.

Then they hire these idiot investigators from Nagastar. They looked all tough, came to my store a few times tried to flex their muscle and pretty much did nothing.

Only reason why I put up with their Bullsh!t because I was a dish network dealer at the time and was making too much money to start any crap with them.

Like I would really want to sell pirate equipment or promote piracy when I was making tens of thousands of dollars per month selling regular paid Dish Network subscriptions.

Last time they showed up, I told them to get off my property as they where not welcome

Reactions: Captain Midnight
I worked for the company, I know the process. How bout you?

You clear the cards....basically when they uploaded to directv computers the data would be erased because there really wasnt alot of memory on the cards....the smart card reader read the data and then erased it from the card....I know you like to nitpic over stupid stuff...but atleast search the internet before you chastise me

I remember everyone was hacking Directv, then all of a sudden almost over night everything switched to hacking Dish.

Then all the FTA garbage came out, Pansat, View Sat and the software that could be loaded via a simple USB thumb drive. Dish was really in trouble back then, and there was nothing they could do to stop it either.

Then they hire these idiot investigators from Nagastar. They looked all tough, came to my store a few times tried to flex their muscle and pretty much did nothing.

Only reason why I put up with their Bullsh!t because I was a dish network dealer at the time and was making too much money to start any crap with them.

Like I would really want to sell pirate equipment or promote piracy when I was making tens of thousands of dollars per month selling regular paid Dish Network subscriptions.

Last time they showed up, I told them to get off my property as they where not welcome
Did you ever sell C-Band dishes?

Late 30s. Very late. BTW, I was very privileged to have a company provided engineering card in my home receiver for diagnosing problems after normal working hours.

What did the engineering card do, other than allow seeing all channels including test channels? Were there additional menu options in the firmware to help with diagnosing problems, or nothing beyond seeing all channels?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts