SatelliteAV Motorized System Giveaway, We Have a Winner!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I to would go for the Visionsat IV-200 because of the DVR capability,I could set it to record and walk away to watch it another day.

I am new to FTA and picking the Visionsat IV 200 would be ideal for my ability to record to external HD and move recordings to either of my PC's. Also the PVR function would be great.

Thanks

Visionsat Iv-200

Well why would I like a Visionsat IV-2000. I'm cheap. I have a few receivers now I picked off of ebay. One does not have a remote and limited to 10 transponders. Then I have the one I was playing around with and broke. This also didn't have a remote. Then there is the pansat I love but since it is a older model no usauls or scanning. For my main receiver I got a satpros and love it. But no blind scanning.
So from what I read on the post. THe visionsat IV-2000 is the way to go. With PVR function, mp3 paying, Jpeg Viewer, Mutisat search, USB/Serial firmware upgrade. (Though only had to upgrade one receiver ever and that was the pansat). and 7 day EPG guide. Not sure what that is needed in the US. But sure why not.

Nothing like a great receiver and I'm to cheap to spend $155.00 for it or so. Just to play around.

Later,

Josh

Visionsat IV-200. No doubt about it. The built in pvr gives it a big advantage over the Fortec.
Joe

As many others have noted, PVR is a must! I like the Fortec brand and reputation, but am puzzled by their lack of PVR offerings. That being the case, it is definitely the VisionSat for me. :D

Cheers,
Red

I would choose the Visionsat IV-200. A PVR is almost a must anymore. It is just so convenient to be able to rewind and pause TV.

Dennis

I would like the Visionsat IV-200 for the PVR feature. I am surprise so many make the same choice since the Mercury usually got great reviews from users in this forum.

The VisionsatIV200 PVR Plus is the best.

Can you imagine recording 500 Gigs of shows on a VCR?
You would drown in a sea of tapes.
Record Over and Over using the same tapes will cause your VCR to get dirty.
The VCR would have to be cleaned all the time and those chemical you use is not very good for enviroment.

DVD recorders generate DVDs and Not every place will except your non working scratch DVDs yet perhaps someday I hope they will.

With Bad Hard Drive. All electronic scrap yards will take them. They are a little more easier to recycle then Old VCR Tapes OR Old DVD media.

I think the VisionsatIV200 is Just a More earth friendlier product then VCR or DVD burners.

Visionsat all the way

would definitely go for the Visionsat w/PVR functionality .

I believe it would compliment any FTA setup , and with the reviews it sounds like the all around winner.

The Fortec Receiver also sounds great , for the sake of winning a FTA receiver and motorized system , I would love to win any of them.

Thanks Satelllie AV for running this contest.

I would choose the Visionsat IV-200 satellite receiver. While both units seem to have excellent capabilities, including, but not limited to blind scan, the Visionsat IV-200 satellite receiver has an excellent feature in that it's PVR compatable. It can easily be connected to any computer through the USB port which will allow for ease in recording programming.

I love my coolsat 500 for FTA but I must say the visionsat would be a great upgrade due to the PVR feature.Besides that it would look great in my entertainment system!

Visionsat IV-200

I am new to FTA and new to this forum, and I see this great contest. Right now, I have a no name receiver. I really want the Visionsat IV-200 because of the PVR. Thanks!

I love the Fortec Blind-Scan mode.
I experiment with lots of equipment in a wide variety of bizarre configurations as a hard-core hobby and the Fortec blind-scan mode outperforms the software on my computers' DVB PCI card and even the USB receiver.

I have lots of SatelliteAV equipment including the fantastic ultra-miniature LNBF with the dual LNBF bracket and snazzy black 90cm dish. They really strive to make good products both for the Christian satellite ministry market and the hobbiest market which really appeals to me, personally.

I'd have to go with the Visionsat myself as it just seems to have more overall features, not that the PVR is a must have for me. A blind search is a must have tho, something I've gone years w/o using my Pansat 300a. Seeing how I've always believed that 3's a charm,,,a third dish would be planted bewteen the 2 I have now. Bring it on!!!! :hungry:

Robin

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)