SatelliteGuys is PS3 friendly now!!! THANKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgantert

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 7, 2004
Aberdeen, MD
Just a thank you on making this website PS3 web browser friendly. Now changing the font size actually works here, and the website is actually readable. :) WOO-HOO!!!

-John

No problem, actually I just got a PS3 yesterday. :)

However that being said I got to admit I made no changes to the site at all, so possibly the PS3 made the site PS3 friendly. :)

Ok as I type this I am using my ps3 and all looks great.

Now I just need a usb keyboard :)
Fully Agree!!! However, the bigscreen and a PS3 sure makes for an awfully expensive web browser. My daughter and I had a great time playing Resistance: Fall of Man this weekend...great fun! It's too bad I have to send it back soon. On a positive note, it is a free 14-day trial from gamefly.com so I can't complain about the price.:)

However that being said I got to admit I made no changes to the site at all, so possibly the PS3 made the site PS3 friendly. :)
Well, the font resizes now. So it's definately better. Go to highdefdigest.com 's forums to see the old font size. It's hard to read on my 51" TV! (Man, thats small!)

-John

I just signed up at gamesnflix.com which allows you up to 6 movies or games out at a time for $249 a year, and they also have BluRay and HDDVD's as well.

If you want to try it sign up and use the code AMIGO at checkout and you can have a free 30 day trial

Make sure you post you experience with gamesnflix. Some people on the gaming boards are posting that gamesnflix won't send out anything on their wishlist.

Make sure you post you experience with gamesnflix. Some people on the gaming boards are posting that gamesnflix won't send out anything on their wishlist.

So far, I am unimpressed. I chose 6 items and it took 5 days for the first item to ship and the other 5 are still in my queue. They, gameznflix, extended my membership 2 weeks, "for the inconvenience", but I want my titles!!! If this continues, I will cancel.

I just signed up at gamesnflix.com which allows you up to 6 movies or games out at a time for $249 a year, and they also have BluRay and HDDVD's as well.

If you want to try it sign up and use the code AMIGO at checkout and you can have a free 30 day trial
Thanks for the info. I just noticed they had a 30 day trial "Military Discount Code" so I am going to take them up on the offer. However, I noticed the annual price for the "six out at a time" plans is only $215 and not $249. Are we looking at the same thing?

I have had Gameznflix for several months now and they don't keep alot in stock. The only problem is there aren't any places around me that rent 360 games and if I went with Gamefly it would take over a week to get one game.

I really enjoyed the BlockBuster online trail...movies were sent regionally from Richmond VA and arrived the following day. However, we just don't watch enough movies right now to...and we're getting HBO, Showtime and Starz free for one year. Anyway, does anyone know if BlockBuster online has plans to offer DVD/Blu-Ray games as part of their subscription service? If so, I would jump on that offer in a heart beat and get rid of everything except basic television service.

PS3 Playstation Network...slow, slow, slow demo downloads

Ok, why does it take so long to download demos from the Playstation Network? I literally start the download before I turn in and leave the PS3 powered on in order get my mitts on a demo. Likewise, I downloaded the 100MB software update (1.54) and it look 20 minutes via the Playstation Network, but it only took around 2 minutes to download it to a USB device on my PC. I'm new to online console gaming, but has the Playstation network always been this slow?

Also, web surfing on the PS3, while cool, is very slow. Plus, several items on the SatelliteGuys tool bar are missing like "New Posts", "Search", etc. Not exactly SatelliteGuys friendly...:eek:

The network features of the PS3 suck.

I am seriously thinking about returning mine as at this time I am not impressed with it.

I don't blame you, most of the people I know only use it for Blu-ray.

Supposedly its going to get better with the next update, They have been "holding" back until march, we will see though as it is Sony!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)