SatelliteGuys Review: Logitech Revue with GoogleTV – A Diamond in the Rough

from my experience, i would have lost a number of 'paid for' movies and shows, if it wasn't for the intergration. my receiver was showing no items in 'my rentals' when i checked on the revue, it showed all the things i was missing, it even showed the multiple times i had tried re-downloading them.

just my 2 cents, of course.

pabeader said:
from my experience, i would have lost a number of 'paid for' movies and shows, if it wasn't for the intergration. my receiver was showing no items in 'my rentals' when i checked on the revue, it showed all the things i was missing, it even showed the multiple times i had tried re-downloading them.

That maybe But I never have bought a movie or vod. But that is a cool feature

So, you're paying $4/mo to get around a bug, and access what should be a normal feature of the DVR? And you're ok with that?

Sounds like needing to buy the gas cap, and pay a monthly gas cap integration fee, in order to fill up your new car.

na. more like a gas can fee. or insurance. in reality, i have spent more than $48 just on lunch, so it's really not that big a deal. and much, much more than that, just in the time spent reading about people who don't think $4 is worth it.

what I would like to see us talk about is the revue. and maybe what apps you all are loading on it and what uses are you putting it too. that would be good information.

You need to go to the Spotlight app first which will take you to a listing of all those services that used to be under the Spotlight section of the home screen and then select the service you want to access there. Then bookmark it.

Found them! Thanks for the assist!

does anyone know where I can grab/download a full "explanation" or manual on how to access all the new features of 3.1, i.e. keyboard functions, how to navigate, etc?

thank you!

Too bad you can watch your Sling loaded 922 or Sling Adapter with it. :(
I have a feeling that isn't going to change, either. I can't see Dish voluntarily giving up $7 - $17 a month for each add'l receiver by allowing customers to stream HD from their main receiver.

That's what the XIP will do, of course, but for an add'l charge for each slave unit.

I'm sure they will charge for the 110 units as well. The question is HOW MUCH ? Will it be comparable to the $7.00 fee for the 211ks or will they break the bank and go for $17.00 per 110 unit? I wonder how Greedy DISH will be this time?:rolleyes:

The Slingplayer for the Logitech Revue has been released...

Slingbox.com - SlingPlayer for Logitech Revue

Too bad you can watch your Sling loaded 922 or Sling Adapter with it. :(

!&^@#%#&Q^Q$&*^Q@#*^

GRRRRR

Why do they call the 922 or the sling adapter sling at all? They do not work for anything except a PC or iPhone if you are lucky and the stars are aligned just right? Half the time dish.sling.com and dishonline.com have a differing opinion as to if your box is connected! This has to be one of the most frustrating things Dish has unleashed on the public.

There is no excuse for this. Dish has had these out for 2 years now, they need to get the bugs worked out, or discontinue them and admit failure.

So I was loading up apps into my new Galaxy Nexus today and I noticed that Google has enabled app installing via the Android Market website for GoogleTV devices. (It wasn't there yesterday.) Under your list of devices, you will now see your GoogleTV there with your phone. So now you don't need to go to the market on the TV to get new apps, you can just pull up market.android.com , go to the app you want to install's page and just click the install button. Select your GoogleTV, and boom... not long after finishing the transaction it's on your TV already. It sounds more complicated than it is, so here's some pictures! :D
GTVAppExample.jpg
GTVAppInstall.jpg
MarketSettings.jpg

For those waiting for the Logitech Revue intergration for the 922 you can forget about it.

The following was posted on the DISHsupport site. "Google TV integration is not currently being worked on for the 922."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)