SatelliteGuys Review: Logitech Revue with GoogleTV – A Diamond in the Rough

I still shudder to think what the XIP 813 will be like, since it is based on the feature handicapped 922.

The 922 is out because the XIP is on the way in. Dish will not give the 922 any more attention. The XIP is going to be the next 722. It will become the standard install since Dish has to have a multiroom solution and have it ASAP. They are starting to lose customers over it since DIRECTV, Uverse and now many cable operators are offering it. I would speculate that they stopped production on the 922 and just have what they have for repairs. Why give anyone a box that will never go anywhere.

The 922 is out because the XIP is on the way in. Dish will not give the 922 any more attention. The XIP is going to be the next 722. It will become the standard install since Dish has to have a multiroom solution and have it ASAP. They are starting to lose customers over it since DIRECTV, Uverse and now many cable operators are offering it. I would speculate that they stopped production on the 922 and just have what they have for repairs. Why give anyone a box that will never go anywhere.

Your Kidding right?... why are there still updates for the 722 on down??? If thats true Dish will be out of service in 5 years!!!!!

Your Kidding right?... why are there still updates for the 722 on down??? If thats true Dish will be out of service in 5 years!!!!!

The 722 gets updates because it is the receiver that is installed by default. The 922 had to be paid extra for, people opted not to pay the $$, since it did not take off, development stopped on it. The 722 is the mainstream receiver, it gets the attention because it is the one that everyone gets.

Once a replacement default install comes out for the 722, new features on the 722 will stop happening. It will still work, but if you want the newest features you have to get the new mainstream receiver.

The 922 had to be paid extra for, people opted not to pay the $$, since it did not take off, development stopped on it.

What will you say when BBMP comes to the 922? I think it's at least as likely that development of GTV integration was dropped for the Revue simply because the Revue was dropped by Logitech. Does anybody else have a GTV box that integrates with Dish?

What will you say when BBMP comes to the 922? I think it's at least as likely that development of GTV integration was dropped for the Revue simply because the Revue was dropped by Logitech. Does anybody else have a GTV box that integrates with Dish?

The BBMP may eventually come to the 922. But, again it has been pretty obvious for the last year that the 922 is an afterthought. The 722 has received all the attention. The 722 remained Dish's flagship receiver with all the software development taking place on it first and then going to the 922 later. Now why do you think that Dish suddenly dropped the sling extender? Development of it is not worth it if they are moving to the next MRV flagship. Don't forget Dish owns sling, yet they do not think that it is worth the effort to get sling to work with their own boxes? To me this signals the transition is underway. Dish has already shifted all the resources to the new line and the 722 is now joining the 922 support - moving to maintenance mode away from new feature development.

i wonder if the 1206 build fixes the market issues many are reporting, including me.

everything in the market says "not compatible"

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

I had this same exact problem after installing my update on 12/11. I found that a ctrl+alt+delete restart fixed this issue immediately. (using the ctrl/alt buttons to the right of the space bar) So if anyone else experiences the not compatible glitch with the market apps that is how I was able to correct it.

The Slingplayer for the Logitech Revue has been released...

Slingbox.com - SlingPlayer for Logitech Revue

Too bad you can watch your Sling loaded 922 or Sling Adapter with it. :(

Well I downloaded the app to the revue anyways, maybe someday they will get around to getting it to work. What is upsetting is that we know at least the standard definition mode of the 922 is compatible with basic sling software. Dish really needs to get their act together and at least give us this if they are not going to do the sling extender.

And following that logic, since the Revue is no longer being made you can bet that the XIP receivers will NOT ahve suppor for the Revue either.

so, ever since the update last week, EVERY time I turn my system on, I get this message:

"TV source is not setup. Your Logitech Revue is unable to control the TV source until it is setup"
The 2 choices are "setup TV source", and "cancel"

Well, I have already setup the tv source, so even if I hit cancel at this point, it still works just fine..

Anyone else getting this message every time they startup their system?

Everything works fine, its just really annoying seeing this message every time the system starts up.

so, ever since the update last week, EVERY time I turn my system on, I get this message:

"TV source is not setup. Your Logitech Revue is unable to control the TV source until it is setup"
The 2 choices are "setup TV source", and "cancel"

Well, I have already setup the tv source, so even if I hit cancel at this point, it still works just fine..

Anyone else getting this message every time they startup their system?

Everything works fine, its just really annoying seeing this message every time the system starts up.

You've set up the TV Source since getting the update? I noticed a couple random settings didn't carry over so I had to set them again.

I've tried that too, with the same results..
I think its in the firmware that I flashed...I don't want to mess up the update, so ref lashing it some how isn't in the cards either.
I wanted to see if the same thing happened to any one else, but so far, no one has said that..

no, sorry, I am used to using that terminology from my phone flashing side!!

I took the official, OTA update last week, just like everyone else...

Technology can be a real PITA sometimes..

i have not been able to get the Netflix App to run since I got the OTA 3.1 update. Do I need to go to my Netflix account and reauthorize the Revue? HBO Go and Epix seem to work okay. The screen shows"Launching Netflix," shows the red Netflix screen for a long time and then says "unable to connect" and directs me to the Netflix website for help. Netflix worked fine on the 2.1 version. It also works fine on my PS3 and the Wii.

This is a steal at $79 for a refurbished unit. Mine is in pristine condition.

To answer a question above, 3.1 does not require integration.

i have not been able to get the Netflix App to run since I got the OTA 3.1 update. Do I need to go to my Netflix account and reauthorize the Revue? HBO Go and Epix seem to work okay. The screen shows"Launching Netflix," shows the red Netflix screen for a long time and then says "unable to connect" and directs me to the Netflix website for help. Netflix worked fine on the 2.1 version. It also works fine on my PS3 and the Wii.

Unplug the google box and let it reboot. I had to do this after my google box had Netflix loading problems. It worked afterwards.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)