SatelliteGuys Review: Logitech Revue with GoogleTV – A Diamond in the Rough

So I just wanted to point out that Google has a Google Music app for GoggleTV in the market already... the service went out of beta on Wednesday. This is an example of why the Market on GoogleTV is so important. We don't have to wait for Logitech or Sony to push a FOTA update to add new functionality and services. All we need is an app placed the market.

It's also an example of why it's not such a deal-breaker that Logitech isn't making anymore boxes... we don't need them anymore to add features to the box. Google and other Android developers will take care of us. (Once they get Honeycomb out the door.)

But what about other manufactures making GoogleTV boxes? Oh LG will have some at CES this year.

The last update improved some things, but it really messed up the Logitech Media Player functionality. I have been using Tversity to stream vieos from my computer and it worked fairly well with the limitation that the Revue does not support DTS soundtracks. With one of the updates, it elimated the ability to update files on the computer and have them show up the the Revue. I can use the Tversity player with my PS3 on another TV and it shows all of the files presetly on the computer. I am really, really looking forward to the update!

It wouldn't surprise me if they decided not to send out the update, since they have abandoned the product production wise..I can't believe they haven't sent out this update yetl the sony boxes got it weeks ago...

It stinks that logitech basically is abandoning the Revue, I bought one in Oct and have been happy with it. I just wish Honeycomb 3.1 update would reach it. GoogleTV team keeps saying it's coming, etc. Should be here by the end of the year according to both companies. This is where I believe that GoogleTV should have followed the WebTV/MSNTV approach. Sony/Logitech handles just the hardware and Google programs and releases the builds. The delay in the update reaching the Revues is speculated to be because Logitech cannot program their "extras" (media player, interface, etc) to work with the GoogleTV code.

I should have just saved an extra $79 and picked up the Sony Blu Ray player with GoogleTV instead, but that keyboard of theirs looks terrible. The keyboard and the fact that technically I already own a blu ray player (ps3) that works well for my needs was the purchasing decision behind buying the Revue.

It stinks that logitech basically is abandoning the Revue, I bought one in Oct and have been happy with it. I just wish Honeycomb 3.1 update would reach it. GoogleTV team keeps saying it's coming, etc. Should be here by the end of the year according to both companies. This is where I believe that GoogleTV should have followed the WebTV/MSNTV approach. Sony/Logitech handles just the hardware and Google programs and releases the builds. The delay in the update reaching the Revues is speculated to be because Logitech cannot program their "extras" (media player, interface, etc) to work with the GoogleTV code.

I should have just saved an extra $79 and picked up the Sony Blu Ray player with GoogleTV instead, but that keyboard of theirs looks terrible. The keyboard and the fact that technically I already own a blu ray player (ps3) that works well for my needs was the purchasing decision behind buying the Revue.

For my use, the media player is the main thing that needs to be fixed. It is terrible at streaming video from my computer (says in beta stage) which is ridiculous after one year. If the update does not greatly improve the media player, it is a non event for me. I use Tversity as a media server and only about 25% of the files show up using the revue and only about half will play. Using the same Tversity server with the PS3 on the other TV, all of the files show up and play just to check as whether it is the revue or Tversity. I use PS3 Media Server with the PS3 and it is great!

help with installation

this is my setup.
dish network 722k
to
revue
to
insignia hd tv

through hdmi

i get no sound through the revue. i have changed out hdmi cables and still nothing. i get picture fine but no sound. even through youtube or any other apps. can anyone help me please. just setting it up and cant get any audio to work. thank you so much ahead of time. this is out of the box. the revue is set up in my bedroom

For those whining about the media player, you can just install a 3rd party media player app after you get the Android update. You won't need the Logitech media player anymore.

assuming the media player is in the limited market and that the update actually pushes.

logitech is definitely taking there time on getting the update out.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

I am hearing the official update is now starting to go out for Logitech Revue boxes.

If you get it I would be interested in knowing what you think about it. :D

Saw the post on Engadget and tried my box. No dice yet... SSOOOONN!! :)

The interesting note about their post - the pictures a fake, a troll posted it on Logitech's forums. Just a coincidence that the real 3.1 is coming out over the next few days. Quite annoying too, its very obvious that is a 2.1 screen!

But, 3.1 beats 2.1 in nearly every account - however, it's essentially everyones last chance to go to userdebug - it at least gives you get a few more abilities!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts