SatelliteGuys Review: Logitech Revue with GoogleTV – A Diamond in the Rough

The market is working for me. Got the police scanner app tonight which is cool as now the police scanner sound comes out when your watching tv.

Received the Revue for Christmas last year, update finally arrived yesterday. Funny, I was listening to Pandora and a message appeared that stated the Pandora download failed. Huh? What am I missing, if It's playing it must of downloaded, right?

I updated manually from the first beta leak to the official via the file available on gtvhacker.com. At first, the market was very laggy and unusable. After about 12 hours, everything is fine with that app. I am, however, having a new IR Blaster issue between the GTV and my 922. Whereas on 2.1 and the first Honeycomb leak, my Revue communicated with my 922 just fine. On the new update, nada. The IR blaster on the GTV will not control the 922 at all. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Any ideas on a fix?

What's the consensus on pairing with the new software and Dish Network receivers? Am I forced to pair and pay the $4/mo charge?

For those still waiting (like me) supposedly at 1am EST the last big group of us will get this push. Looking forward to it :)

-Mike

I sucessfully got mine on the 8th. One thing I thought I would mention, is at start up there are a couple of bugs, but as I used it thru the day it straightened up and is performing quite well.
So work it for a few hours and it will be more stable. I spent the whole day on the Logitech support room helping others as there is no instruction for the new keyboard functions, but with patience they can be learned rather quickly

There's a lot of us left... from the quote on the support forum it's the remaining 50% later tonight.

-Mike

You could always go over to gtvhacker.com and download the update yourself for manual installation.