SatelliteGuys Review: Logitech Revue with GoogleTV – A Diamond in the Rough

So whats your review of the new software? Is it a big improvement or is it lipstick on a pig?

Somthings are better, some the same....Not worth all the wait!!!! Would be nice if dish would enable there app. on it!..How about it gets enabled outside of network, or if in network only stream SD?...We all know they will never do it!!!!!

since it adds the market, it's a whole new ballgame. once the folks get to working on cool apps, the future will be bright. for now, do a search on "for google tv" there are like 150 apps. some free, some pretty cheap.

since it adds the market, it's a whole new ballgame. once the folks get to working on cool apps, the future will be bright. for now, do a search on "for google tv" there are like 150 apps. some free, some pretty cheap.

You can side load many more....But some (like dish) have or wont work in landscape mode...Its hit or miss what works when side loading

Dish needs to release a version of DRA for GTV and/or support Chrome on GTV with the DO and DRA websites.

It's especially annoying that they don't do the above while charging Revue users $4/mo to "integrate" GTV and Dish. DRA/DO would actually give some value to the fee.

so with the right app you could use the revue like a sling extender. very interesting... probably why they...

Yea totaly....but......I mean They pick and choose what they want to support!

Get some ones old laptop and you have a Sling Extender....I wish they would enable the hdmi output of my cell phone.

The only thing consistent at dish is inconsistentcy.

HBO GO, Crackle & EPIX apps gone. Had to create bookmarks to the homepages. EPIX homepage very Chrome unfriendly. Netflix crashes on every movie I choose, says unable to stream at this time. blah

HBO GO, Crackle & EPIX apps gone. Had to create bookmarks to the homepages. EPIX homepage very Chrome unfriendly. Netflix crashes on every movie I choose, says unable to stream at this time. blah

You need to go to the Spotlight app first which will take you to a listing of all those services that used to be under the Spotlight section of the home screen and then select the service you want to access there. Then bookmark it.

Is the integration fee more worth the money now that Revues have been updated to 3.1?

I like the box art for my movies and shows, but I can't access what is on currently or even an hour or two out like I could before the update. I'm integrated and I gained one feature ,but lost the other. Toss up at this point whether I keep it integrated . I don't see this as a real improvement over all.

what's $4.00? turn it on. if you don't like it turn it off. i wouldn't use my revue of it wasn't integrated.
It's $4.

And, I have never used the integration, nor do I plan to. In fact, I have my LR Revue connected as a separate source, independent of my Dish DVR. The BR Revue has the DVR output connected thru it,,, but only because I want to keep TV inputs to a minimum in there.

I don't have it because I use the revue mostly for internet streams and when I need to record something I can navigate the guide on the 722k and put up with a little more key presses. maybe 1.00-2.00/mo would make me pay. and I can find my recordings on my own.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)