SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Discussion - Week Ending 12/01/2007

How does anyone really know if they have anything planned for CES. Maybe they had all their cards in the AT&T deal, and since Charlie evidently pissed them off and cooled down the talks, maybe they have no direction at all.

How does anyone really know if they have anything planned for CES. Maybe they had all their cards in the AT&T deal, and since Charlie evidently pissed them off and cooled down the talks, maybe they have no direction at all.

With the changes in the uplink the last couple of weeks there is movement to something. What it is no one knows for sure. It does seem though that with almost every uplink now there are more parts to the puzzle. Right now. This is what we are hoping and hanging are hat on. If Dish would fix the damn pr dept. we would at least know exactly what they are trying to do.

Tigerfan calm down Dish is a big company now , and Charles is playing with very big boys now, and with the future of Dish on his mind. I'm sure there are a lot of backroom talks going on with the future of Echostar at stake. I've been with Dish over ten yrs and Charles always comes on top somehow. Harv:)

IF ATT would merge with DISH and allow Charlie to stay in control of DISH as the ceo, and let him continue to run it as he sees fit, with ATT's deeper Pockets , I am sure the deal would go through today. That is the holdup. Charlie doesn't want to lose ANY control of his company. According to what I just read on the Skyreport, that is the problem. ATT doesn't know how tv works or what the consumer wants. They concentrate on interactive tv that no one cares about. ATT needs DISH more than Charlie needs ATT. DISH would continue to survive without them but ATT 's video service like U-Verse will not. MY bet is if CHarlie can't work a deal similar to his origional deal, where ATT invested 500 million dollars into DISH and partnered with them to provide the DISH service to both ATT and DISH customers , it will not happen. Money is not everything to Charlie,after all he is already a billionaire. It is about power and remaining in control of a business he has worked at since 1980.

i just caught an E* commercial last night (heard it from the TV room, actually) where Dish was saying they had over 70 national HD channels (I know that's a total joke), but what was different about this one than some of the other 70+ HD channel E* commercials was that it stated "and more HD channels on the way". Who knows when 'on the way' is, and if it will be more of nothing, since I think their actual HD count is more like 40, than like 70.

i just caught an E* commercial last night (heard it from the TV room, actually) where Dish was saying they had over 70 national HD channels (I know that's a total joke), but what was different about this one than some of the other 70+ HD channel E* commercials was that it stated "and more HD channels on the way". Who knows when 'on the way' is, and if it will be more of nothing, since I think their actual HD count is more like 40, than like 70.

You should know by now, SOON!

Last edited:
digiblur (Uplink Activity Report Thread) said:
9395 - SPIKV [MPEG2 SD] added to EchoStar8 110W TP 02 ConUS beam (Not Available)

Okay, I'll ask the obvious - do we have any guesses as to what this is, since we have no HD or even interesting TP changes/assignments to talk about?

SPIKV is immediately below the public-interest channels, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's going to be one.

Okay, I'll ask the obvious - do we have any guesses as to what this is, since we have no HD or even interesting TP changes/assignments to talk about?

It could be in the bottom of the PI range of channels...

Something about SpikeTV? Spike Video and Spike Data? Some sort of interactive deal. I'm not sure...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts