SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report Discussion- Week Ending 02/02/08

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
digiblur: are you periodically checking the throughput on the USAHD and SCIFI HD? Do you expect there to be anymore changes this week?

Hey Digi,

We should have Scott put a live feed of the bit rate chart for SciFiHD and USAHD on the homepage. Then you won't have to keep answering this question. He could make it look like an EKG pulse chart. :haha

Hey Digi,

We should have Scott put a live feed of the bit rate chart for SciFiHD and USAHD on the homepage. Then you won't have to keep answering this question. He could make it look like an EKG pulse chart. :haha

LOL.. I have used the flat liner term a couple of times ;)

I hadnt considered the possibility that the HD-Only package would be assigned new/separate channel numbers. Are we thinking that this is likely - that we wont, for example, use CH 120 for History HD, that we'll have to use CH 5313 in this package?

That would be awkward for people who switch into, and later out of, the HD-only pack.

Digi - are they changed to "ViP Only" flag after reading your report here ? ;)

Makes you wonder eh? I've seen a few times where they've had an oops and fixed it a few hours later or the next day and it's usually been after several people said "huh?" in the forums. I bet they do read JohnH's and the report here to verify things, ultimate way to verify things.

Science Channel hd is still not added to the 5300 range list? I wonder if they will sneek in the SciFi hd channel instead.:D

None of the Voom were in this 5300 range list either, so maybe the 5300's package is HD Essentials only ?
Not only is this range missing Science HD and all the VOOM channels is it missing a bunch of sports HD channels...
HD NFL, Golf HD, VS HD, BTN HD, NHL HD, NBA TV HD :eek:

While I could easily do without ALL sports channels, somehow I don't think this would fly with most HD Only subscribers.

Talon Dancer

Last edited:
This is an MPEG2 stream which is flagged so that only MPEG 4 capable receivers (ViP receivers) can receive it. It is a way to make sure subscribers dump their old receivers in favor of new ones. The 921 and 811 (MPEG2receivers) are slowly being phased out. Dish wants to make sure they do not make new packages available to receivers they want gone!

Not only is this range missing Science HD and all the VOOM channels is it missing a bunch of sports HD channels...
HD NFL, Golf HD, VS HD, BTN HD, NHL HD, NBA TV HD :eek:

While I could easily do without ALL sports channels, somehow I don't think this would fly with most HD Only subscribers.

Talon Dancer

I knew about the sports stuff missing... but looking at the channels they remapped and this thread....things that make you go hmmmm....

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/121634-new-dishhd-29-99-hd-only-package-details.html

Is the Alaska/Hawaii HD channels in this channel range or near here as well? Could be an addition to channels for them...maybe, ?? anything is possible, I myself think they may move from 9400 range to the 5300 range to free up more channel room instead of being shoved after the Public Interest channels...but with Dish, ya never know, I am just wanting USA HD for WWE Raw in HD!

The Alaska HD channels are in the 5500 channel range.

I would think if they are moving them to the 5000 range, wouldn't it be better if they put them on the same channel number as the SD counter part +5000. TNT=5138, TBS 5139, HGTV 5110. Nahhh That would be too easy to follow. :)

See ya
Tony

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)