satpro manhattan rs1933

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Tom;
In Post # 5 Mike Kohl states:
3) yellow-red-white RCA connections for analog video and stereo audio

you would be advised to get an outboard TV modulator that accepts the 3 RCA connections from the Manhattan receiver's output and gives you an output on a TV channel.

Mike Kohl does know about the Manhattan and since he has said as above, I am sure that you can use the Manhattan this way. If you want further confirmation, try an email to Mike at globalcm@mhtc.net. You will receive the pictures on your TV, menus and all, with the sound, in mono, not stereo.

thank you.
this would be acceptable to me for the time being.

Based on what you have been saying I am going to guess that this is the package you are ordering

http://www.satpro.tv/complete-hd-fta-satellite-system-viewsat-receiver-lnb-dish-meter.aspx

The price is not that bad but did you check on shipping? You may end up spending more than $200 just to get started on TV channels that you are not even sure that you will get or want to watch. You can always start small like others have and look for a free dish on Craigslist or Freecycle. I started with an old dish a business got rid of then spent $40 on a SD receiver and $10 on an LNB. I ended up with 200+ new channels for a $50 investment plus some time to learn a few things. You can get a decent standard def receiver off of ebay for $20 to $30 that will get you plenty of channels and it will work with your current TV. If you end up liking FTA then you can upgrade to a HD receiver later and ebay the old one or get a friend started in FTA.

As far as your questions about where the satellites are, this week is a great help because of the sun. For the next week the sun follows the satellite arc across the sky. At around 1:50 pm if you can see the sun then you can hit 97west, the satellite position with most of the FTA channels.

http://www.satellite-calculations.com/Satellite/suninterference.php

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)