Titanium

AI6US
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
May 23, 2013
Meadow Vista, Northern California
Received today from SatSignature

Website changes

We've made a change to the website that you probably need to know about. You now need to create an account to see the live spectrum.

Happy Analyzing!

You won't be able to access the spectrum until you've verified your email address. If you don't receive the verification email, it could be one of the following:

• The mail server blocked it.
  • The mail server delayed the delivery of the message, this is very common.
  • Went to your spam/junk folder.
  • Something went wrong on our end.
  • If you've waited a good amount of time and still have not received the email, email us from the account you've registered to the site with and we can see what's going on.

If you have questions or need help, do not hesitate to reach out. You can give us a call at (480) 360-5253 or email contact@satsignature.com

Thanks!
SatSignature.com

Reactions: Brct203 and N5XZS
Thanks for posting this - I noticed that they were prompting for registration when I went to look up some spectrum a few days ago.

Do you see any reason to stay away? Or to register with a generic name/email address?

I've been registered on the site for many years. Never have received unsolicited junk or had any reason not to reregister. I believe the only emails that I've received were for site change notifications.

The registration process took less than two minutes and the confirmation email was instant. :)

Reactions: Brct203
Humm, don't think I've ever been there before? Don't quite understand the "account to view" thingie as a new requirement unless the next thing on the agenda will be a annual MEMBERSHIP FEE??

I imagine the registration thing is to better quantify who is using their webpage so they can have better data on usage for advertisers or to see if there is enough traffic to continue the webpage with a subscription or if the page should be discontinued.

Update Email received April 15, 2019:

At SatSignature, we are always striving to make our services faster, more reliable and better for our customers. We work hard every day to create a flawless experience and keep adding new and exciting features.

We're announcing SatSignature will be moving to a subscription-based model over the next few weeks. This income will help us scale and improve our current offerings by adding more equipment, satellites and focusing on customer needs.

Will you still have a free account?
Yes. The Hobby free plan will only allow you to see a spectrum plot that will be updated once every 24 hours. This is for the users that only need help to identify a satellite.

If you need analyzer features and feeds that update/refresh at a constant rate of 45 seconds or less, then you'll need to go to our Analyzer plan ($30/person/month). This plan will allow you to use SatSignature as you have over the past 3 years. If you need advanced carrier monitoring capabilities you will have to upgrade to one of our plans we'll be releasing at a later date.

A few reasons if you didn't already know why it's worth having a subscription:
24/7 immediate access to multiple 3rd party analyzers and antennas without having to bother someone to give you access.
Use our online analyzer as you would've with your own. Change center frequency, span, Min/Max hold, etc...
Verify your uplink/downlink and troubleshoot intermittent uplink problems by spotting abnormalities fast from anywhere online.
Watch and log RF Interference problems.
Timestamped satellite activity.
Equipment verification.

Thank you to all the companies and users that have supported us over the years!

If you have questions or need help, do not hesitate to reach out. You can email us at contact@satsignature.com.

Best regards,
- SatSignature

That's a shame. It was a good site to go to check whether a signal loss was due to your own equipment, or problems with the uplink (whether an intention turning down of the signal, or weather related). The once every 24 hours update is useless as far as that goes. If it was once an hour then it could have still been a useful site for the hobbyist.

Reactions: N5XZS and MikeI
It will still be useful with the 24hour refresh/free sub, just not as it was in real-time. Gets expensive to run all that equipment, uplink bandwidth (IP), property, and human resources. They certainly need an income stream to pay the bills. $30/mo seems like a fair number for the service. Would be interested in knowing how many subs they will get.

Got a confirmation by e-mail that the Hobby free plan is gone. Since I didn't check until yesterday, and it didn't work for Brct203 two weeks ago, was it ever working after the switch over to subscriptions?

A post in this thread mentions $30 per month as the cost for a subscription. That might be fine for someone who needs and uses this data on a regular basis but it is way too salty for me as a hobbyist. Heck, I doubt that I spend $360 a year on my whole FTA hobby most years so I certainly can't justify it for the handful of times I might need their site. If they want to appeal to the average guy perhaps a good idea would be to offer a one-time option of 24 hours of access for a couple dollars. It would give them an additional source of revenue that most of us could afford. :)