Say good bye (Or maybe HELLO) to EBRU

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Ok guys, ebru tv and samanyolu tv is own by a turkish religious cult. Their leader lives in Pennsylvania and they have schools, tv stations, newspapers all around the world. In the last two years Turkish government started a crackdown and shut down their tv channels, newspapers, schools etc in Turkey and put pressure on satellite broadcasting companies to take down ebru tv, samanyolu tv and there is one more but can't remember their name. They also shut down their bank so they have no income right now. I am guessing even the channels are on, they won't last too long. They are radical islamists and terrorists according to Turkish government. No money, no broadcast....

hmmm... only saw radically good programming on Ebru! Spooks, Hustle, and the highly radical Dr. Who!!! LOL!

The US state department has a different take on the Turkish definition of "radical Islamist" when it applied to Turkey cracking down on this group openly challenging the Turkish government. Not trying to redirect this thread with political rants, but it seems this media outlet was targeted by Turkey for political reasons not recognized as legitimate to Western policy. :shh

They appear to have big name advertisers on the EBRU TV feed and the service is carried by major subscription providers in the US and Canada. I would think that if they are tied to radical Islamist, the service would have been shut down in the US as the government has historically done with other identified services.

Rats! Just Yesterday I moved my stationary 1 meter dish from 97W to 103W.
That figures. I will keep checking back to see if it stays, if so I see a dual lnb setup on that dish in my future. I do have the entire DVD set of Sea Patrol however.

I do miss all the little tag lines they had for each show:

Hustle - The con is on!
Sea Patrol - Put your life jackets on and jump in!
Spooks - Loyalties will be tested!

Scanned the tp again, it´s good to have Ebru back.

Hope to watch Hustle again if it´s still on, will check the schedule later.

One thing I like about my Azbox with E2 firmware is that you don't have to do anything. Open up channel list and scroll to rtve. Hit okay and Ebru was playing. Hit channel list and name was automatically changed to Ebru.

Catamount

Reactions: Babadem
One thing I like about my Azbox with E2 firmware is that you don't have to do anything. Open up channel list and scroll to rtve. Hit okay and Ebru was playing. Hit channel list and name was automatically changed to Ebru.

Catamount
Had a very similar experience.

Reactions: catamount
I have rescanned and I have a pixilation issue that I did not have on rtve and my receiver is registering no errors

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Status
Please reply by conversation.