Scheduled install -no show/no call

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mdanderson

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 3, 2004
Garland,Tx.
My DirecTV install was scheduled for today between 8am and 12pm. They did not show up and did not call. I had to call in the afternoon and they tried to get a hold of the installer but were unsuccessful. They tried to get an alternate installer but were unable to do that according to the CSR. They rescheduled for May 25th and said they would give me $100.00 off my bill. I am surprised they did not even bother to call to say they would not be able to make it.

A little later on in the afternoon, a DirectTV van shows up and I talked to the installer who said he could not install today because my order had already been canceled. He said he was the alternate or backup installer who DirecTV said they could not get a hold of. This makes me wonder about the communication process going on. I just hope they show up on the 25th of May.

Always be patient. Quite frequently im overbooked and im showing up at 4PM for an AM job. It doesn't help when im in BFE w/out cell phone service also.

Thanks for the information. I will try and be patient but it is annoying when you block out half of your day and nothing happens. I still think someone should have called though.

Last edited:
My install was delayed as well when i switched from E* in March. When i finally got installed it was definately worth the wait. Hang in there, you will not be disappointed.:up

So how do I arrange for them not to show up so I can get a $100 discount? :D

How about sharing the discount there with those who offered helpful hints?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)