SCI-FI to start Tues sept 7th (Channel 523) (Already up and Running...)

TheTimm said:
I'm showing 144.
Ok, this means only one channel has been added so far...

I don't see SciFI advertised on Voom, and Zap2it shows nothing... is the PG still saying NOINFO?

Yeah Jimmykce, but are you getting guide info listed for the channel? USA didn't have any guide info for a day or two.

Dvlos said:
Yeah Jimmykce, but are you getting guide info listed for the channel? USA didn't have any guide info for a day or two.
I'm getting full guide info just like any other channel.

Ok 4:30 cannot roll around fast enough for me....man that's the one channel I've been missing for a while (if you ask my wife she'd say DIY or HGTV she'd rather have both.. I say take your time with this V* as it will force me to buy another HDTV prematurely).

so im not the only one who held onto a $30+/month expanded basic cable package for the scifi channel. one interesting thing though, it was my understanding that the voom satellite was pretty much 'full' some time ago. is the bandwidth allocated to each channel being cut to add new channels?

Who knows but the Republican national convention is over, maybe the barker channel looks like crap now?

When I got home I had the channel, but the PG said "no info" I rebooted (no hard boot) both STBs and I got all the show info on the PG.

CRAP! I forgot all about it when I got home. I was too busy watching HDNET and making notes of the PQ on each show so I could report back to their engineer.

Dvlos said:
Can you do the same with Voom channels? (PQ-wise)
Don't we wish! ;) I sent an email to a lot of departments at Dish and CC'd Mark Cuban on how the HDNET channels have gone downhill PQ-wise and I got some interesting replies, including Cuban himself. It appears they do not take poor PQ lightly at Dish and HDNET. I now have my own personal Chief HD Engineer at Dish to correspond with and alert him to any issues I am seeing.

FWIW, HDNET quality is back up to where it should be, I sure hope my email was the cause of it. :yes

Moral of the story: The squeaky wheel gets the grease, so those of you who think the Voom PQ is just OK, it pays to let your voice be heard. :D

DarrellP,

I understand what you say about HDnet but why is it that the same cannot be done with Showtime, HBO, and Discovery HD, ESPN, TNT on Dish Network. When I look at those channels and compare the PQ to HDnet why is it that it does not come close to HDnet quality?

Propably because Cuban cares, the Movie channels could give a rat's dropping about PQ. Maybe Dish can't talk to them like they do Cuban?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts