March 7th........ The end????

rkr0923 said:
I have read it.....

Then do you understand what is happening? from that remark one would think that by citing both websites, you think that is over. Just curious that you know that the websites display at this point mean nothing.

rkr0923 said:
well, alot of people do order online and check thier account ect ect

no doubt. In that light it does not mean that the end has reached. The end or a new beginning will come March 7th (D-Day) when we'll all know more information. As of today, there is an extension until March 7th board meeting.

vurbano said:
Im not listening to anyone that cannot spell "etc."

I think he can spell, what happened was a hairball in his throat? :D

On to the topic. Will Monday spell the end of Voom? At this point considering the memo from the "A" stockholders in another post, it does not look good for Voom. I am on the fence and would not wager much money either way. This is a real cliff hanger! :eek:

Vurbage:

I want to get in my prediction on the upcoming D-Day. I predict that no matter the outcome of the March 7th board meeting there will be numerous forum members immediately claiming that they had predicted this outcome all along. :eek:

I voted "Yes",
but realize this poll (as any poll) is useless unless it's on either CNN of Fox News....

So all the sheeple will know whats going on...

I voted yes but unfortunately it is not a very high degree of certainty. I do agree that if things do not go Charles way on Monday that this will indeed be the final chapter. Sorry JL, but even if this is the end, unless Charlie picks up the Voom packaging I will still not be returning to your employer (E*) as a sub.

Amphicar770 said:
Sorry JL, but even if this is the end, unless Charlie picks up the Voom packaging I will still not be returning to your employer (E*) as a sub.
Scary thought...what if V* and E* were to merge...would JL now be considered part of your satellite family?

Amphicar770 said:
Sorry JL, but even if this is the end, unless Charlie picks up the Voom packaging I will still not be returning to your employer (E*) as a sub.

And I thought I already heard all the bs.
So your saying if E picked up all the Voom programing you would not subscribe to it, but instead would sit in your living room and fling tomatoes at all your old equipment and watching what D or Cable ?

DucTape said:
And I thought I already heard all the bs.
So your saying if E picked up all the Voom programing you would not subscribe to it, but instead would sit in your living room and fling tomatoes at all your old equipment and watching what D or Cable ?
I won't. Not unless they weasel the Voom contract obligation into an E* obligation. D* / E* and even Cable's offerings just aren't worth the $$$.

I'll take SD analog cable and HD locals via my on-board ATSC tuners over paying more for less.

Here in PHX Qwest is promising HD and DVR in the near future. If/when this comes to be it'll probably be the alternative I try 1st.

Shawn

I am still wondering why the LOI was not honored by James Dolan and CVC. If Charles had the financing in place and a signed LOI what was the reason a deal was not consumated? The sales figure had been agreed upon. There would have to be a very viable reason to ignore the LOI. The LOI has the same legal standing as a LOA. Both parties had agreed to agree and the price was set. Would certainly like to know.

I will be out of the country next week but will certainly check in on Sat. Guys to see what happens.

Walter L. said:
I think that Monday is D-Day. No more extensions. I'll give Chuck Dolan a 75% chance of success.

I say it's a done deal. Voom for at least 5 more years and then Dolan Sr. buys out Directv so he can close it down and just keep the NFL Sunday Ticket.

Amphicar770 said:
Sorry JL, ... your employer (E*) ...
I do not work for E*, which is good because I've also been accused of being James Dolan. :D

JL
vmd.gif

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)