The End of VOOM?

My opinion. I'm allowed to have it and many others share it. Saying who's best is all opinion so I just threw mine in.

BFG said:
My opinion. I'm allowed to have it and many others share it. Saying who's best is all opinion so I just threw mine in.
Yes I hear you BUT did you ever have VOOM.? Well I have also RCN, TWC, and D*. The only one I did not have was Dish.. And for what it is worth NOBODY could beat what VOOM was offering.. Sad they had to go this way... :no

mikeywilk said:
A quick not, in case you all care, I have contacts way high up in Echostar. Voom is dead, believe me or not, its over. I myself was filling out paperwork to be a Voom dealer. They are done. Trust me.
MW

LOL. I always like these trolls, with "high contacts"... they only problem is this guy confused EChostar with Cablevision... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::yes

justalurker said:
Do you have to eat s*** to know it isn't what you want for dinner? If so, you may want to buy some breath mints. :D

JL
I don't know what the hell happened to you on or about 1/23/05, but I regret that you're suffering so much that you have to come to this forum to relieve yourself. I saw your reply in another thread where you linked me to what was left of your "explanatory" posts...but that was no answer. I had read your posts that were deleted, and frankly, they were what sparked my question....Why on earth do you even care?

Opinions are one thing...spewing insults about something you don't even (apparently) have first-hand knowledge about, is entirely another thing.

It didn't surprise me that your posts were deleted, and I won't be upset if my post here is deleted because of my first sentence...but if you think you're watching a car-wreck and it upsets you so much, my advice would be to stop looking. :mad: As you pointed out to someone else, the ignore button works...and you don't have to come here if it makes you so ill you have vomit in every thread you read.

As to the trolls that post the negs about Voom, nothing much happens till the moderators block them. Be funny if it was Dolan jr. though. lol

Whomever thinks that Starz-HD (East & West), TMC-HD, Cinemax-HD (East & West), Encore-HD are not channels that should be available on E* or D*, is kidding themselves under false assumptions. I used to pay for the everything Pack on E* but I downgraded because those channels were not available on E*. So, I canceled all the premium channels and moved the money to VOOM where they provide all these channels in their premium channels.

Echostart has been very slow in adding new HD channels. Heck! they haven't even added the YES Network in SD to us in NY. At least D* is adding the channels (even if it is at a low resolution). I am not defending what they do either. But it shows a commitment that Dish has never had by adding channels that are currently available and that people are willing to pay for. Even my cable company provides all the mentioned channels. Why would Dish opt not to do it? Because they are cheap. If VOOM life ends, I am moving to Cable until E* decides to add the channels or D* put the resolution of those channels back.

For HD Enthusiasts, VOOM is great because it gives you a whole solution of HD channels available at a click of button. Sure no HDnet or HDnet movies, but that's why I keep a subscription to other service. My money will always goes to those that provide me with the most HD services. I could not careless about SD channels; you can have them all (as far as I am concerned).

Warning: I have pm'ed some of you about the language used and the personal attacks toward people. Should it continue, we will take more measures. Thank you for your cooperation.

Sean
I could see a valid arguement that if you're loosing capacity on a failing satellite, where would you put additional channels.

It'll be interesting to see what Dish will do with Rainbow 1 if the FCC blesses the sale. Will they only migrate existing programing from their 61.5 bird or will they add new programming.

Only time will tell.

bruce said:
The only other channel D* has that E* does not is Universal-HD, but E* has TNT-HD, so thats a wash.

Actually UHD is 100% HD. TNT-HD is upconverts most of the time. So, no wash here. I'ld go with UHD except for the NBA and NASCAR in HD on TNT.

If Voom were to shut down, these two channels would probably be a deciding factor for me between D* and E*. I'ld prefer UHD, but my wife who loves NASCAR would go for TNT-HD.

-John

[Sorry, about being off topic, just wanted to put in my 2 cents...]

JimP said:
Sean
I could see a valid arguement that if you're loosing capacity on a failing satellite, where would you put additional channels.

It'll be interesting to see what Dish will do with Rainbow 1 if the FCC blesses the sale. Will they only migrate existing programing from their 61.5 bird or will they add new programming.

Only time will tell.

My bet is they will only migrate the programming. Based on E* and D* past performance and views, I wouldn't hold my breath on additional HD programming.

Funny

T2k said:
LOL. I always like these trolls, with "high contacts"... they only problem is this guy confused EChostar with Cablevision... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::yes

Funny you should say that. I guess I dont know what Im talking about. Being I am a Dish Dealer, and was faxing my apps to O'rorke who distributes for Voom. Sure, Im a nobody, no argument there. I would love Voom to stick around, being I have a 106" widescreen HD projection setup. But it aint gonna happen. I speak the truth though. I know for a fact........Voom will be no more. Dish will pick up some of their channels, besides the channels that Voom self produces. If you want to talk about trolls and be a 5th grader, more power to you. Truth is truth dude.
MW OUT

Dish can pick up the Cinemax-HD, Starz-HD, Encore-HD, TMC-HD, UHD, right now and they haven't. Please convince Charlie to do so the next time you have conversations with those high contacts. They are compelling and they are available for a price and V* does not hold exclusivity to them.

mikeywilk. If you want to talk about trolls and be a 5th grader said:
With the way you talk and you brought up 5th graders, I can not believe you are a dealer---probably an 18 year old who holds the ladder of the installer.DUDE :D

Good point Sean about where you put your money. I too downgraded *D to basic plus HD so I could have VOOM & the HDNET channels. I check it each night when I sit down to watch and 90% of the time VOOM has something better on. If someone could combine the VOOM HD channels, HDNET channels and INHD channels I would be willing to take that as an HD only service and let the SD go. Even if I have to go back to cable I'm still going to get all the HD channels that cable plus satellite will offer until they catch up (10 years from now??) to where Dolan was with VOOM this year!

Tvlman said:
Good point Sean about where you put your money. I too downgraded *D to basic plus HD so I could have VOOM & the HDNET channels. I check it each night when I sit down to watch and 90% of the time VOOM has something better on. If someone could combine the VOOM HD channels, HDNET channels and INHD channels I would be willing to take that as an HD only service and let the SD go. Even if I have to go back to cable I'm still going to get all the HD channels that cable plus satellite will offer until they catch up (10 years from now??) to where Dolan was with VOOM this year!

Same thing here except I don't maintain my DirecTV anymore... :cool:

mikeywilk said:
Funny you should say that. I guess I dont know what Im talking about. Being I am a Dish Dealer, and was faxing my apps to O'rorke who distributes for Voom. Sure, Im a nobody, no argument there. I would love Voom to stick around, being I have a 106" widescreen HD projection setup. But it aint gonna happen. I speak the truth though. I know for a fact........Voom will be no more.

Since when a simple dealer, selling Dish, has better info about Voom, especially via Dish?

Quite a 'logical' jump.

Not to mentiuon the fact that it's pretty obvious that you, as - explicitly stated - Dish dealer, who's more interested in selling Dish, says Voom is dead, you have heard this from your Dish contact. :yes

I hope you feel how awkward is your statement here...

:yes:D

Dish will pick up some of their channels, besides the channels that Voom self produces.

Wow, wow, wow... look what you're saying again: Dish will pic up Voom's channel - supricingly another anti-Voom/pro-Dish propaganda...
Besides this now obviously intentional desinformation campaign, I highly doubt now your facts, you have any contact with anybody, even your dealer status: how is that possible that you don't know those channels are available for Dish ever since???

If you want to talk about trolls and be a 5th grader, more power to you. Truth is truth dude.
MW OUT

SOrry, you just discredited yourself, pal.

First do some houscleaning, answer these interesting questions regarding these very apparent anomalies in your story...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)