The End of VOOM?

T2k said:
Since when a simple dealer, selling Dish, has better info about Voom, especially via Dish?

Quite a 'logical' jump.

Not to mentiuon the fact that it's pretty obvious that you, as - explicitly stated - Dish dealer, who's more interested in selling Dish, says Voom is dead, you have heard this from your Dish contact. :yes

I hope you feel how awkward is your statement here...

:yes:D

Wow, wow, wow... look what you're saying again: Dish will pic up Voom's channel - supricingly another anti-Voom/pro-Dish propaganda...
Besides this now obviously intentional desinformation campaign, I highly doubt now your facts, you have any contact with anybody, even your dealer status: how is that possible that you don't know those channels are available for Dish ever since???

SOrry, you just discredited yourself, pal.

First do some houscleaning, answer these interesting questions regarding these very apparent anomalies in your story...

Whatever you say man, I dont care. You tough guys all sit on your threads and talk about knowing satellites in and out. Dont believe me. You will see for yourself. As far as the comment about Dish picking up Voom channels that Voom didnt produce. Thats exactly right. They will. As far as Voom hating, I dont hate Voom, I wish it would stick around, I could sell a lot more people systems if I had two to sell them, one for HD, one for Locals. But you are right, I am a 16 punk, never have I owned a buisness. I am on here to Voom hate, because I have nothing better to do. Get a clue.

mikeywilk said:
Whatever you say man, I dont care. You tough guys all sit on your threads and talk about knowing satellites in and out. Dont believe me. You will see for yourself. As far as the comment about Dish picking up Voom channels that Voom didnt produce. Thats exactly right. They will. As far as Voom hating, I dont hate Voom, I wish it would stick around, I could sell a lot more people systems if I had two to sell them, one for HD, one for Locals. But you are right, I am a 16 punk, never have I owned a buisness. I am on here to Voom hate, because I have nothing better to do. Get a clue.

The more you type the deeper you dig your hole. The previous post concisely pointed out the flaws in your statement. Mikeywilk weren't you davis McGreaw last week?

philcard.jpg

jgantert said:
Actually UHD is 100% HD. TNT-HD is upconverts most of the time. So, no wash here. I'ld go with UHD except for the NBA and NASCAR in HD on TNT.

If Voom were to shut down, these two channels would probably be a deciding factor for me between D* and E*. I'ld prefer UHD, but my wife who loves NASCAR would go for TNT-HD.

-John

[Sorry, about being off topic, just wanted to put in my 2 cents...]

Good points to consider!

I love NASCAR, so will also go with whomever gives me TNT-HD.

Go with any install 1 years/6 months etc once the service goes down,end of contract no matter who they sell it too.CD(Charles Dolan) does't give a rsa about anyone here or there,just numbers,and they equal negative in the money dept.-------------------DUMP IT,Thats their policy,and as stated before they do not even inform thier customers about any future plans they are basically F_UP's

branchbouncer said:
Most of the future NASCAR( Daytona and the first few race wil be on Fox) and they will be on Fox HD

True, but mid-season they switch to TNT/NBC. I've heard that all NASCAR will be in HD this year. And if the TNT/NBC coverage is anything like it was last year, there will be a lot of races on TNT. Unlike FOX/FX that only showed one race on FX.

-John

Strange post over @ DBS Forum that I must admit I like about the future of VOOM. (Didn't see it here yet, but if it is posted somewhere please delete)

How about VOOM becoming the new E* replacing the present Dish Network? This poster is a senior member over there with over 2200 posts! It is the best thing (hypothetical ideal) I have seen and yes I would become a new Dish customer in a heartbeat if this far fetched ideal would take place! ENJOY!

"The latest news is that since E* is pushing the FCC to prevent the requirement for carriage of HDTV local channels...and D* is far ahead of E* in regards to LIL HD locals that...

1. VOOM will survive

2. E* will convert ALL it's resources to bulk up VOOM into a super service with MPEG4 before completely eliminating Dish Network service. "

http://www.dbsforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&postid=341763#post341763

rickaren said:
Strange post over @ DBS Forum that I must admit I like about the future of VOOM. (Didn't see it here yet, but if it is posted somewhere please delete)

How about VOOM becoming the new E* replacing the present Dish Network? This poster is a senior member over there with over 2200 posts! It is the best thing (hypothetical ideal) I have seen and yes I would become a new Dish customer in a heartbeat if this far fetched ideal would take place! ENJOY!

"The latest news is that since E* is pushing the FCC to prevent the requirement for carriage of HDTV local channels...and D* is far ahead of E* in regards to LIL HD locals that...

1. VOOM will survive

2. E* will convert ALL it's resources to bulk up VOOM into a super service with MPEG4 before completely eliminating Dish Network service. "

http://www.dbsforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&postid=341763#post341763

The specualtion just keeps getting wilder and wilder. The only sign good or bad will be a press release from VOOM saying what is happening.

jgantert said:
True, but mid-season they switch to TNT/NBC. I've heard that all NASCAR will be in HD this year. And if the TNT/NBC coverage is anything like it was last year, there will be a lot of races on TNT. Unlike FOX/FX that only showed one race on FX.

-John

I'd rather watch it in SD on Fox than watch the terrible coverage from NBC in hidef.

Lob

She Keeps Singing

Sean Mota said:
The Fat Lady has sung its song. It was good while it lasted... :) The end of the run...

Sean,
I think she is still singing. Nothing will shut her up :) :D :yes

kfried001 said:
Sean,
I think she is still singing. Nothing will shut her up :) :D :yes

The birds are singing sweet music... Where are all the voom doomers with their doom and gloom predictions (me included)... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Sean Mota said:
The birds are singing sweet music... Where are all the voom doomers with their doom and gloom predictions (me included)... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Yea Sean, I told you so. By the way, the firing squad will be in NYC this afternoon to see you. TRAITOR! :mad: :D :D

By the way they use microwaves instead of bullets. :cool:

Indy said:
Yea Sean, I told you so. By the way, the firing squad will be in NYC this afternoon to see you. TRAITOR! :mad: :D :D

By the way they use microwaves instead of bullets. :cool:

Microwaves, isn't that the method that cooks you from the inside out? euw

Lets start a ra ra thread cheering on the arrival of the DVR.

screech said:
Hey Lob, you still Vooming in U.....?

You betcha :)

Good news indeed.

Gotta have a DVR though. Although I have been looking at just building a firewire recording setup on a PC... getting tired of waiting I guess.

Lob

I think it will still be an uphill battle for VOOM. But I wish you all well.

Geronimo said:
I think it will still be an uphill battle for VOOM. But I wish you all well.

I think everyone knows it will be a battle. But I think we are grateful that someone is willing to go to war for HD.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts