Scott's DirecTV Diary Comments

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have an HR20-700

Here at work I am banned from DBSTalk so I can't view the post, however at home on my other computer I can get there.

Please post the details of the R15 upgrade here so I can see. :D

I have an HR20-700

Here at work I am banned from DBSTalk so I can't view the post, however at home on my other computer I can get there.

Please post the details of the R15 upgrade here so I can see. :D

Here ya go:

Systems in this CE / Version
R15-100: CE07154 - v0x1??? Earl says the R15-100 has been removed from this CE
R15-300: CE07154 - v0x1???
R15-500: CE07154 - v0x1???

Window of opportunity to download:
Friday; June 1, 2007 11PM - 2:30AM ET
Saturday; June 2, 11PM - 2:30AM ET NOTE Date Change
Time and availability subject to change
Please monitor the threads, 75% chance the CE will happen... but until it does... anything can change.

While you are waiting for the Window to open:
-) MUST READ AND AGREE TO: - The CE "explanation" thread... http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=79021
-) How To Download

Please join "us" in the CHAT room, about 15 minutes before the window opens... and till... well to the last person turns off the lights...
http://chat.dbstalk.com

The Contents of the Release:

What this CE contains:

Improved
Performance improvement in Trickplay key response time
Performance improvement in Playlist display response time
Performance improvement in Prioritizer
Performance improvement in Search function
Series Link algorithm
General stability improvements
After pressing replay video skips forward a couple of seconds
Smoother FF/RW

Updated
Fast Forward gets stuck in a loop

New feature(s)
Formal support for RF Remote
Hold INFO button to jump to System Information Screen

Notes
This CE release addresses several of the issues reported in the last CE

Other Sites
If anyone out there decides to "spread the word" about this or any other CE version.
PLEASE !!!!! Include a link back to it's announcement thread.
As I have seen some of the "announcement posts" on other forum boards... and all the disclaimers and warnings, are not always there.
They are just as important as the opportunity...

Last edited:
Scott, did you get the rep id of the customer service rep that told you that? Unless Directv has changed their policy in the last two days, you should be getting HBO and Showtime in HD if you subscribe to the sd version of those channels. Does Dishnetwork still do it that way?

Scott, do as Brewer4 recommended, call the right back, say cancel service at the prompt to get to retention, they usually know WTF is going on and how to fix things, sort of like the CEO address at E*. I thought with the new HD enabling fee that was what was supposed to get you any HD channel that you have the SD version of. Even if what the first CSR was true retention can usually bypass the system and make things right.

Man scott has gotten the shaft by direct... its weird, Ive been a D* customer for 3 years now and have had 0 problems with stuff like that.

Scott, do as Brewer4 recommended, call the right back, say cancel service at the prompt to get to retention, they usually know WTF is going on and how to fix things, sort of like the CEO address at E*. I thought with the new HD enabling fee that was what was supposed to get you any HD channel that you have the SD version of. Even if what the first CSR was true retention can usually bypass the system and make things right.

No Don't say Cancel.
Do call them back, if you have the HBO and or Showtime sub and the HD package then, by all means you should be getting them.

Also Scott, if they don't see it your way, chances are they will seeing you won't have the same CSR.
You can always ask for a supervisor.

Jimbo

Oh well...

Still "Channel Not Purchased (721)" on the screen.

I didn't have the HBO SD channels but got them in when I did a refresh, yet showtime HD and HBO HD are not there.

Guess its not to be.

Thanks for your efforts Brewer.

Brewer is actually logged in to my Slingbox and is controlling my HR20.

He knows his way around the HR20 much better then I do.

And he even turned the annoying Channel Listing thing off so when you hit guide it goes to the guide. :)

On hold with tech support right now. The problem is related to the free package. For some reason its supposed to add elements for HD Showtime and HBo whenever you have HBO or Showtime and HD Package. The special deal however did not automatically kick the elements on.

I am on hold and they are trying to manually force in the channels on the account right now. Its gonna happen, its just a matter of making their system take the channels.

I do find it interesting that their system has them separated on a separate authority. Its like a DB trigger. The trigger never kicked in and the front down force is not working. Stay tuned for an update.

Brewer is actually logged in to my Slingbox and is controlling my HR20.

He knows his way around the HR20 much better then I do.

And he even turned the annoying Channel Listing thing off so when you hit guide it goes to the guide. :)
Thats cool
Does Brewer let you watch what you want to, Do you have to ask him if it's OK, kinda like Parental Control eh, Jist Kidding Scott, I know he's only helping out. :)

The Channel listing was a item that was added in a previous C. E. ,proir to that, you had to go into a sub menu to change it.

Jimbo

I made sure I added as much PPV as I could. Sorry Scott, couldn't resist. ;)

Well, I should do this for a living. I got his HBO and Showtime HD working along with the Showtime, HBO, Cinemax for 3 months free package.

Enjoy the HD!!

Let me know if anyone else wants me to harass D* to get things working or deals with retention.

I also added Star Wars V and VI to his queue. Scott you can always delete but wanted to test to see if it records. You will enjoy the HD versions. They are OAR.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)