Scott's DirecTV Diary Comments

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Jimbos, so why did you say to not say cancel, that's the only way to get to retention and bypass all the CSR's that don't know WTF they're doing?

I said Don't Cancel, because they just might do it... Seeing he's been signed up for what.. a week.

I never mention Cancel, but I will ask for a supervisor, or a second level person that might have more knowledge about my specific problem.

Calling out "I'll Cancel" is NOT the only way to get things done, I normally have very little problem to get to who I need, If you start to tell them exactly what you need and they can't do it, or don't understand, they usually transfer you right away.
Although, a Supervisor may take some time, as the original person may be offended and put you on hold, but then you let the next person know that as well.

I can see how pissed Scott would be if that happened. (I would be too).

As for his "Not haveing the premiums in HD" That is a stupid error on D*'s part, not sure why that happened .... If that is what he ordered when he had the original install conversation (Activation), thats rediculous that they have not taken care of it yet.

They do record all calls, so if they really wanted to they could go back and see what the original programming was that he ordered.

Usually I would have expected them to re hit his card right away once he called back in and been done with it...... But that would be using common sense again.

Some programming goes quick and easy others don't for some reason.

I had a case where I originally turned my service on (awhile back), I had done all the work, installed the dish (single LNB and coax and RCA 222) had a picture on my screen (100) and solid signal.
When I called in, he wanted to set up an install, I told him again that I did not need an install, just do the activation for me.

He said it was impossible for me to have a picture and that I could not possibly get service without a installer.

I re iterated that I had a picture and needed activation.... He was dumbfounded.
He must have thought that it took a "rocket scientist" to do this.

I hung up and called back and got activated .... UGH.

Jimbo

So, did it work?

Its working. Patience and persistance. When I got to tech support the young lady was very nice and knowledgable. She knew exactly what the problem was. Unfortunately, the system was being a real pickle and not letting her do it. She had to go to a back door backup system and manually force in the authorization. I sure hope this doesnt happen to anyone else. It was not easy getting them added.

Well, Scott says that D* is watching this so hopefully someone that can do something about this mess can do something to get it fixed. Stuff like this sours new customers big time.

I guess my question for Scott is, How does he and the prize goddess enjoy watching the Sox in HD?
We don't as NESN HD is not available in HD in Hartford. :(

Although I guess I could have watched on YES HD last night. (But the thought of it made me sick) :D

Go Sox!

Thanks to Brewer I am up and running today and ahve 2 of the Star Wars Movies! :)

The only reason I did not call again myself last night was because my 4 year old finally fell asleep, if I would have called it would have got him up again.

I laid in bed and watch Brewer wiz through all the menus.

Thank you Brewer, also thank you to the folks from DirecTV who emailed and PMed me offering to help. Its good to know you folks are out there and are looking to help folks with their issues.

Between Brewer messing around with your box and your calls to D* were you able to get the CE release last night and if yes, how do you like the new GUI colors???

Yes I got the new CE last night. And I like the new colors MUCH better. I have not had time yet to go through the box and play with all the features yet. But will today before our employee poker game tonight. :D

No problem Scott. Sorry for being presumptious but I had to turn that guide filter off. Its the best feature of all the CE releases. I am glad they have it now as a fulltime option.

For folks that dont know its Menu - Help & Settings - Setup - Display - Preferences - GUIDE Keypress (Grid Guide First)

No problem Scott. Sorry for being presumptious but I had to turn that guide filter off. Its the best feature of all the CE releases. I am glad they have it now as a fulltime option.

For folks that dont know its Menu - Help & Settings - Setup - Display - Preferences - GUIDE Keypress (Grid Guide First)
Does that work on anything besides the HR20-700?:)

Scott go back to post 113 I told you what I had to do to get a customers HD premiums turned on. Yes Brewer4 this has been an ongoing problem that needs to be addressed by D* management.

I will get my new HR20 boxes next saturday.

Does that work on anything besides the HR20-700?:)

Unfortunately not yet. Only the HR20-700. It should be coming to the H20 when the new GUI becomes standard. You can do it via the -100 too. I get one on Monday but they are a few CE releases behind so I think you have to do the backdoor trick method.

Here is the backdoor method.

1. Menu - Search - Keyword
2. Type IAMANEDGECUTTER
3. Set Categories All
4. After search is done, hit MENU and INFO at the same time on the unit itself.

I may have missed something since I havent had to do this in a while. Feel free to correct. You should be able to adjust the guide, guide scrolling and playlist sort.

Re: Scott's experience with a rude CSR: welcome to D* CSR roulette!

Whenever I get a noncooperative or rude CSR I just hang up and call again. Most of the time the second call gets you a much more understanding and friendly person. If the second call doesn't work try again, and if THAT doesn't work ask for Customer Retention.

IIRC you have 30 days to turn off your service without penalty when you first sign up. Threaten (nicely of course) to do just that!

I'm probably jinxing myself for the next call, but everytime I have dealt with a Directv CSR (4+ years) I have encountered one who was both competent and polite. I self-installed the first time, but used an installer for my AT-9 (the only way I could get one free) and HR20 (he unpacked it and called in the authorization while I hooked it up). They both knew what they were doing but only did the minimum necessary, as I had expected.

Re: Scott's experience with a rude CSR: welcome to D* CSR roulette!

Yeah, but it really hurt my interaction with D* when they shut off the Retention line. I didn't always call that line for deals, not that I was above doing just that, but the majority of my calls were about issues that I knew those reps could handle and the frontline ones couldn't.

Unfortunately not yet. Only the HR20-700. It should be coming to the H20 when the new GUI becomes standard. You can do it via the -100 too. I get one on Monday but they are a few CE releases behind so I think you have to do the backdoor trick method.

Brewer,
You get a -100 on Monday ?
How do you know that ?
I get a HR20 on Tuesday, and requested a -100, but they said it all depended on what the installers had, so it could be either one.

I would really like the -100 because it's black and goes with my set up, put will take the silver one if that is my only option.

I guess I'm asking, How do you know it will be a -100 already ?

Jimbo

Brewer,
You get a -100 on Monday ?
How do you know that ?
I get a HR20 on Tuesday, and requested a -100, but they said it all depended on what the installers had, so it could be either one.

I would really like the -100 because it's black and goes with my set up, put will take the silver one if that is my only option.

I guess I'm asking, How do you know it will be a -100 already ?

Jimbo

Jimbo, the -100 also comes in silver. Earl says there was only a very limited run of the black units so don't get your hopes up too much.

Jimbo, the -100 also comes in silver. Earl says there was only a very limited run of the black units so don't get your hopes up too much.

I did not know that, I thought all the -100's were Black ....

OK guy's, if thats the case, what advantages or disadvantages would there be in getting a 100 over a 700 ?

I think if I don't get a Black one, I would want another 700 if there are no other plusses for the 100.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.