Status
Please reply by conversation.

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
My arch seems to be way off on my motor. I moved my dish up on my pole because of some bushes that were in the way. So I went to go reset my arch. I use the usals command to motor over to 61.5

I set the elevation on my motor to 41 give or take a degree
I set the elevation to my dish to 40 as stated over at sadouns site.
hook up the signal meater.. Blamo Nothing. Adjust my elevation... the dish goes down to 35 perfect signal on 61.5. I motor over to 110... Nothing. Adjust for elevation.. 37 and some good signal, with the best being at 40 (where my dish is suppost to be at).

So 37 it is. Next I strap on my standard LNBF and motor over to amc3. You would think im on it right? Nope. Im off by 3 degrees on g 28. WTF? Ok now Set the Lattiude from 87.8 to 85.8 to compensate. Nothing.. still acts like its at 87.8 and wont budge on the screen.

What is bugging me is that the pole is plum and level on all sides, All values are set to the correct values but the elevation on the arch still seems to be off, meaning if I motor over to 61.5 it wont pick it up with out an elevation adjustment if I motor over to the western side of the arch, I need to adjust to the correct elevation.

The motor seems to be correct for dbs positions but not for KU. What Am I doing wrong or what is wrong with this setup.

I have the sm3d22. The values that sadouns site gives me are,

37607km
Your Location

Latitude: 41.245°
Longitude: -87.8

Satellite Data
Name: Satcontrol SM3D12 / SM3D22
Distance:
33°

Dish Setup Data

Motor Latitude Angle: 41.2°
Azimuth (true): 180.0°
Azimuth (magn.): 183.4° using Compass
Declination angle: 6.4°
Dish elevation: 40°

Bob
DBS is much more foregiving...since 87 is your true south, use USALS to move that .8 degrees and then lock on 87W.

The motor latitude is the same as your latitude. Once you put it at 41 dont touch it

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)