Screen Burn And Shadowing

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

oldengineer

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
May 14, 2011
Lower Macungie Township, PA
I've got a 4-5 year old LG 42 in LCD that has developed a problem not with screen burn but some of the thin film screening between the glass and the panel has developed wrinkles that produce annoying shadows that are visible on low light scenes. Anyone know a fix?

But with sets being so cheap today I'm thinking of just tossing it and getting a Vizio 43" 4K UHD set for 500 bucks at Best Buy or Costco.
VIZIO M43-C1 43-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV

Assists or opinions solicited and appreciated.

Don't know, but the shadow areas are fixed and only visible when the areas where they show are gray. If you press against the screen they sort of smooth out where pressure is applied but return as soon as it's lifted. The effect is minimized by increasing the screen brightness. It's moot now because I replaced it with Sony XBR 4K UHD set a few days ago.

It sounds like the ribbon film cables [tab bonds] at the top of the screen are starting to separate from the screen, not a easy fix and it would get worse, if it is that, so you did the right thing.

Reactions: oldengineer
Don't know, but the shadow areas are fixed and only visible when the areas where they show are gray. If you press against the screen they sort of smooth out where pressure is applied but return as soon as it's lifted. The effect is minimized by increasing the screen brightness. It's moot now because I replaced it with Sony XBR 4K UHD set a few days ago.
Good call.

Reactions: oldengineer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)