Scripps affected customers I Got free OTA adapter and antenna

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

eichenberg

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 6, 2012
Colorado Springs, CO
I'm am one of those affected by the Scripps dispute. I decided to chat up Dish and asked what they were offering for those affected. The guy initially offered a $5 credit. I said I would prefer an OTA adapter and antenna for no charge. His response was "sure!" and he set it up for me.

If your affected give it a try.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

It depends how far you live from the Transmitter if that will work. This is not always the case

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

We got ours during the Meredith dispute. Same thing--Dish was more than happy to give/install it for us.

And we're 36 miles LOS from the transmitter site. I just wish they would've put the antenna higher because if a car or truck drives by we get pixellation.

We got ours during the Meredith dispute. Same thing--Dish was more than happy to give/install it for us.

And we're 36 miles LOS from the transmitter site. I just wish they would've put the antenna higher because if a car or truck drives by we get pixellation.
The same here with the antenna that Dish installed on my roof back in 2006. I got it for free (with free installation) when Dish lost the ability to offer distant networks. The installer seems to have aimed it directly toward my local Scripps-owned station, since that is the only station from more than a few miles away that comes in even halfway reliably. This dispute is the first time that the antenna has really come in handy for this station. I was able to watch the series finale of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. with only some slight pixellation, and that happened in the middle of a commercial break. :)

I had checked and he said they don’t do OTA antennas. I might need to try again. I do well with an indoor, but a proper antenna would lock me in.

Hey guys! Regarding OTA offers, not everyone has one available on their account. Our system determines which locations are likely to receive a good signal, and those accounts have either indoor, outdoor, or both available on the account. If the offer isn't available, antennas can always be purchased. Regardless, we can't guarantee certain channels will be received. If the offer is not on the account, we wouldn't be able to set that up for free.

BCUOTE="DJ Lon, post: 4522544, member: 148638"]

[/QUOTE]
I'm am one of those affected by the Scripps dispute. I decided to chat up Dish and asked what they were offering for those affected. The guy initially offered a $5 credit. I said I would prefer an OTA adapter and antenna for no charge. His response was "sure!" and he set it up for me.

If your affected give it a try.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
We lost our Distant The CW Network due to the Scripps dispute, also!!! Luckily and some feeling after losing our local ABC owned by Mission, I decided to go with an OTA, just in case it would happen again. ABC has not been pulled, but the distant CW was. My daughter panic was she was not able to see some of her favorite shows from that are on The CW. We do have the CW on our OTA, and I am just glad that I went for it and decided that it was worth the money that I spent on doing the OTA.

Reactions: pattykay
Howard Simmons This is why we get pixellation

20190812_090936.jpg

I wanted it installed at the peak of the roof and the installer said no. And even running the vacuum cleaner in the house causes pixellation

Hey guys! Regarding OTA offers, not everyone has one available on their account. Our system determines which locations are likely to receive a good signal, and those accounts have either indoor, outdoor, or both available on the account. If the offer isn't available, antennas can always be purchased. Regardless, we can't guarantee certain channels will be received. If the offer is not on the account, we wouldn't be able to set that up for free.

Where would one look in the account on the webstie to see if this is on the account. Or do we have to call and deal with Phone Reps?

• Love
Reactions: pattykay
You would either need to contact us over the phone, live chat, or through our Social Media accounts for us to see if that's on your account!
I don't like that DISH counts how many rebates, refunds, etc they give you per year. If we lose channels that we pay for we should get some money back every time. They tell you to sign up for a new two year deal to get a deal. Why would I when you never know what channel will fall next?

Howard Simmons I wanted it installed at the peak of the roof and the installer said no. And even running the vacuum cleaner in the house causes pixellation
I qualified for an OTA antenna during the Meredith standoff and the installer said he was required to add it to the dish mast, like in the picture. That couldn't work since my dish is mounted 15 feet up an outer south-facing brick wall on my home and all the TV transmission towers are north of my location. He kindly agreed to just give me the OTA antenna and let me work something out on my own.

I took the antenna and placed it on a tall bookcase near the TV and was able to pull in the Meredith station. Same thing this time. Antenna on bookcase receives the Scripps station just fine. When the standoff is over the antenna will go back in the closet.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I qualified for an OTA antenna during the Meredith standoff and the installer said he was required to add it to the dish mast, like in the picture. That couldn't work since my dish is mounted 15 feet up an outer south-facing brick wall on my home and all the TV transmission towers are north of my location. He kindly agreed to just give me the OTA antenna and let me work something out on my own.

I took the antenna and placed it on a tall bookcase near the TV and was able to pull in the Meredith station. Same thing this time. Antenna on bookcase receives the Scripps station just fine. When the standoff is over the antenna will go back in the closet.
When I had my free OTA install, I also assumed the installer would want to add it to the dish mast. But when he saw my dish on top of a second floor roof, he said no. (A prior installer many years ago chose that location). He found another suitable spot between the dish mast and where the cables enter the house. I'm very satisfied with the install job, because I can reliably get all 4 of the big networks and many other subchannels.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I don't like that DISH counts how many rebates, refunds, etc they give you per year. If we lose channels that we pay for we should get some money back every time. They tell you to sign up for a new two year deal to get a deal. Why would I when you never know what channel will fall next?
I think Dish takes that into account, too. I have been to the point where Dish absolutely refused to give me any more discounts. Then shortly after that, a channel got dropped, and bingo, I qualified for some credits when I called to complain. The AMC dispute in 2012 was a real gold mine. :)

I qualified for the indoor antenna and was wondering what kind it was? Also did it include USB adapter?
The one Dish sent me was a white mudflap model from Winegard. It is amplified, so it includes a USB adapter for plugging it into a power outlet, but not the one for plugging it into a Dish receiver. That adapter is separate. If anyone wants my free antenna, just send me your address in a private message, and I'll send it to you. It did not work well for me, since I live too far from the stations to get a reliable signal that way.

Reactions: SandFarmer
Are they giving people a single-tuner OTA adapter or a dual-tuner one? Since many channels still insist on jacking around with the start times of shows (not actually on the hour) I set all of my timers to start 5mins early and end 5mins late. If there's only a single tuner in the OTA adapter, recording two shows back-to-back will be a problem...

I think Dish takes that into account, too. I have been to the point where Dish absolutely refused to give me any more discounts. Then shortly after that, a channel got dropped, and bingo, I qualified for some credits when I called to complain. The AMC dispute in 2012 was a real gold mine. :)
I think they are tougher now as they continue to drop stations. Lost WPIX to dispute, pay ala carte. Cannot have it removed as I am grandfathered. Refuse to credit me for the channel (out of offers) Outrageous!

You would either need to contact us over the phone, live chat, or through our Social Media accounts for us to see if that's on your account!

Thanks for the quick reply. And sorry for the delay in my response. I no longer get notifications from this site when there are replies . . . I will click your link and see what happens after that. BECAUSE we now have two failing/failed Dual Tuner Dongles that we got the last time there was "issues". Thanks!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)