Sean Avery suspended... for this?

turco is a clown
thats the pot calling the keetle black
it takes a clown to know a clown

cant argue with avery and his comments he could have said it a little nicer but lets face it cuthbert is a Puck-Slut
I wanna hear from komiserik and se what he thinks lol
why not suspened turco for his fancy of knocking the net off moorings intentionally during play

Wonder what Don Cherry had to say about this ?

The television contract that Bettman got them into is a JOKE, they just now got HD and on the map so some actually know where to find VS.

The league is NOT on life support as some have said, but they could use a REAL TV contract.
Even the studio sets look like they were re used from ESPN's first sets in the early '70's.

Jimbo

OK....serious condition then.....being fed by a tube.

Sandra if you are putting the NHL financials between the NBA and the NHL....you are in complete denial. FIND ME a few stories that states the NBA is struggling and I will agree.....where on the other hand, I will find a tons stating the NHL is.

Oh for goodness sake, give it a rest already. !sadroll

You made your point, the NBA is more sound financially than the NHL. I agree.

And here is something you may not know...I also love the NBA. League Pass subscriber, stay up late watching west coast games, the whole thing.

My point is neither league is going to fold any time soon. Unless you have proof the NHL will fold in the Spring, please move on.

This is turning into an argument for the sake of arguing, and getting far away from my point that the Avery suspension has nothing to do with a league folding...

Jeesh.

Sandra

Will the NHL fold-No Will we see some teams fold- Quite possibly, This year probably not but in the next few I'd bet on it. I see some teams moving to Canada

I'm sure Toronto could support another NHL team. Take the Jerk-landers...please.

Sandra

Wait there's more......

Avery suspended for a total of 6 games & agrees to counseling!...........

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=3747105"]Dallas Stars' Sean Avery suspended 6 games without pay by NHL - ESPN[/ame]

Will the NHL fold-No Will we see some teams fold- Quite possibly, This year probably not but in the next few I'd bet on it. I see some teams moving to Canada
TheStar.com | Sports | NHL on thin economic ice
This article is telling
globeandmail.com: Trouble ahead

The NHL needs to cut back on the number of teams anyways, they NEVER should have gotten this large in the first place.
Go back to 16 teams, maybe 20 and the quality of hockey would go up greatly and they may be able to get new fans interested.

Jimbo

Man, the NHL has blown this WAY out of the water....
Since when are you suspended for saying something stupid ?

Has this EVER been done in ANY sport ?

In the NFL, you get a fine for complaining about the officials, but thats about it, never a suspension.

Jimbo

I think if I said the same thing as a student at a Catholic High School I wouldn't have been suspended nearly as long as Avery. This is truly overkill IMO.

I think if I said the same thing as a student at a Catholic High School I wouldn't have been suspended nearly as long as Avery. This is truly overkill IMO.

No but you would have been slapped with the ruler by the nun that was your teacher :D

This comes from experience with goofing off and having a Nun as a teacher in grade school :)

Jimbo

I think we could all agree that the economic status of this country is making a dent in everybody's revenues. I passed on free Red Wing tickets because I couldn't afford parking and concessions. I'm sure a lot of the country is feeling the pinch these days.

I think we could all agree that the economic status of this country is making a dent in everybody's revenues. I passed on free Red Wing tickets because I couldn't afford parking and concessions. I'm sure a lot of the country is feeling the pinch these days.

Next time you do that, let me know, I'll cover the Parking and maybe the consessions !

If they seats on the glass you would have gone;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts