Second Dish Network Dish?

T-Naq

Original poster
Jul 7, 2020
Louisiana
New member here. Quick question. I do a lot of RVing with a 1000.2 with western arc for 110, 119 and 129. I have a favorite camping spot that is not ideal line of sight. I can move my portable dish numerous locations and I can either get only 119 or I can get 110 and 129. My question is can I add a second single LNB dish with some sort of combiner ot switch to my set up and put the second dish where I have clear line of sight for 119 and get 110 and 129 off of the hybrid LNB and 119 off of the dish with the single LNB? Or is it as simple as hooking a second dish to the extra port on the hybrid LNB?

Also if this will work what dish do I need to get for the single satellite?

I can either get only 119 or I can get 110 and 129.

I have a tough time understanding how that is possible since 119 is right in the middle. Did this work for all 3 the last time you used it? I am suspicious of the center LNB...
My question is can I add a second single LNB dish with some sort of combiner ot switch to my set up and put the second dish where I have clear line of sight for

This can be done with a switch, yes. But depending upon whether your LNBs are DP or DPH, the type of switch you would need would be different. What receiver do you have?

For a 1000.2 Western Arc, you don't even need a switch. Just run the cable from the 2nd dish to the input (4th) port on the WA LNBF, then cable form the WA Dish to the Receiver, run a check switch

Reactions: TheKrell and T-Naq
I have a tough time understanding how that is possible since 119 is right in the middle. Did this work for all 3 the last time you used it? I am suspicious of the center LNB...

This can be done with a switch, yes. But depending upon whether your LNBs are DP or DPH, the type of switch you would need would be different. What receiver do you have?

There’s nothing wrong with my equipment. This is my line of sight. I cannot get 119 with this line of sight. I can move the dish various locations but as luck would have it no matter what I do I cannot get all three line of sight.

Attachments

• 0FE93BF0-EA45-441D-9676-ACCAD954A353.png
    0FE93BF0-EA45-441D-9676-ACCAD954A353.png
    300.6 KB · Views: 212
Reactions: TheKrell
If that eastern arc dish is already on a tripod maybe you could aim one of those LNBs at the missing satellite and the wire it to the 4th port of the other dish. It might help to place some foil over the offending eye on the triple. That way the switch check won’t get confused dueling LNBs.

If that eastern arc dish is already on a tripod maybe you could aim one of those LNBs at the missing satellite and the wire it to the 4th port of the other dish. It might help to place some foil over the offending eye on the triple.

I don't think you can wire an Eastern Arc 2 (or 3) LNB assembly into the input port on the WA LNB, since it doesn't have the smarts to turn off the internal switch. It may not have the power to power that 2nd triple, either.
I actually have another dish rigged out for eastern arc...

T-Naq, what do you have mounted on that EA dish?

I just ordered a Winegard 18 inch dish with a single Ku LNB for this endeavor as I do not want to have to monkey with skew and elevation on my eastern arc dish set up as it is already set up for eastern arc and I don’t want to have to take the time to revert everything back when I actually use it for eastern arc.

Attachments

• 39D419C6-54F5-444E-A027-20B34DECD733.jpeg
    39D419C6-54F5-444E-A027-20B34DECD733.jpeg
    238.7 KB · Views: 155
Reactions: TheKrell and Bobby
I really wanted an old Dish 300 that does not even have skew adjustment, that would probably work fine for what I want to do, but I could not find one anywhere.

Reactions: TheKrell
Are the I adapters still available for Dish 500 single LNB? I tried to Google it and could not find anything. I am not sure exactly what they were called officially.

Are the I adapters still available for Dish 500 single LNB? I tried to Google it and could not find anything. I am not sure exactly what they were called officially.

I bought one... 15 years ago! I cannot locate one via Google Shopping these days. :(

Reactions: pamajestic

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)