Second dish on non-penetrating mount idea?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Sorry, Florida channel, and am getting LPB about 15 to 25 quality on my microHD.

I really need to peak my dish, but I need to get a step ladder since it is about 8 or 9 feet of the ground.

Sent from my LG-M153 using the SatelliteGuys app!

Numb your placement of your lnb is wrong i matched mine up with the stock lnb. Its at a 7 degree angle.

Attachments

• IMG_20140628_185803785.jpg
    IMG_20140628_185803785.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 145
Yes DNdish i matched up the stock lnb to the new one. I bolt up to the lnb arm from underneath and match up the angle. Look at my pic for example.

I use an unversial lnb holder took my angle finder matched up with it. It said 7 degrees from the face of the lnb to the arm.

Also on the geosatpro dish the LNBs seem to aim rather low; the byrider LNBs even more than the central LNB.

But because of the many topics about one dish setup, I'm losing track a bit.....

Greetz,
A33

Also on the geosatpro dish the LNBs seem to aim rather low; the byrider LNBs even more than the central LNB.

But because of the many topics about one dish setup, I'm losing track a bit.....

Greetz,
A33

I feel pretty confident the GeoSat LNB’s are OK, I am using them exactly according to the instructions (I haven’t modded anything). The side bracket was also made specifically for that dish. I don’t have any issues with reception on that guy :)

So based on the comments in this thread, today I went to the hardware store and bought a metal bracket. I wanted to try and adjust the LNB to the height of the previous Dish Network LNB's on the 1000.2. Unfortunately, after doing this, I got no signal at all.

I decided to use the bracket to go back to the way the LNB was mounted before, this time centering it on the feed arm. I duct taped it on temporarily (need to buy more nuts and bolts and drill holes into the arm).

Now I'm getting 71% signal quality on the CNN feeds and about 45% on the MTA channels.

Not sure why, but for some reason the LNB just works for me when mounted this way :)

I bought the 76cm dish Alexander Olar suggested on Ebay. It should be here Tuesday. Will see what kind of results I get with that.

As of Tuesday, I'll have the 90cm GeoSat Pro, a 76cm mystery brand dish, a Dish Network 1000.2 and a Winegard 76cm :eek

IMG_0087.JPG
IMG_0086 (3).JPG

Last edited:
Not sure why, but for some reason the LNB just works for me when mounted this way
I know the reason! When you change position of the LNB you forget to change position of the antenna. The proper way ahead must be: Install LNB in such a way that it's Phase center is co-located with antenna's Focal point and LNB is pointed to the right place on the surface of the dish. And then move antenna azimuth/elevation get maximum signal. Do not forget to adjust skew of the LNB if you are getting linearly-polarized signals.

I know the reason! When you change position of the LNB you forget to change position of the antenna. The proper way ahead must be: Install LNB in such a way that it's Phase center is co-located with antenna's Focal point and LNB is pointed to the right place on the surface of the dish. And then move antenna azimuth/elevation get maximum signal. Do not forget to adjust skew of the LNB if you are getting linearly-polarized signals.

Trust me I did move the dish! I tried and tried and got no signal anywhere. Then moved the LNB back to the position it’s in now and it works great :what

The first step is to admit you have a problem. :D

The neighbors already think I have a problem. But if having a dish farm makes me eccentric, so be it ;)

Some guys work on cars (the guy behind me has a boat up on blocks, 2 dodge rams, a flatbed, a Ford Fusion and a Ford Escape), some guys work on satellite dishes. Or both!

Reactions: Magic Static
I had some time today so I tried experimenting with a Dish Network 1000.2 on 87w. The best Q I could get was 62% on CNN. I only got around 32% on LPB. So, in conclusion CNN & MTA are strong and reliable on a 60cm Dish.
c4db81c8eddf9afe4a6985e2fe037335.jpg
b74dd035ce6eca39c441d72fb083c3bf.jpg
4b33dcd7d05f59ea2fcaa9f2812e99a4.jpg

Reactions: comfortably_numb
I had some time today so I tried experimenting with a Dish Network 1000.2 on 87w. The best Q I could get was 62% on CNN. I only got around 32% on LPB. So, in conclusion CNN & MTA are strong and reliable on a 60cm Dish.
c4db81c8eddf9afe4a6985e2fe037335.jpg
b74dd035ce6eca39c441d72fb083c3bf.jpg
4b33dcd7d05f59ea2fcaa9f2812e99a4.jpg

And it looks like you have your LNB mounted the same way I do as well?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)