Second Lnb

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dfgldb

Original poster
Apr 11, 2006
Hi guys,

Thanks for all the advise before. I have one more question.
I currently am aligned with Hotbird at 13 degrees and want to additionally tune into Eutelsat W3 at 16 degress. Do you think I will need a separate dish, or can I use my existing 80cm offset and just install a second LNB? If I can put a second LNB, how will I know where to mount it, ie what distance would it need to be to the right of my exisring LNB?

Any advise will be appreciated.

Thanks for your help

dfgl

dfgldb said:
Hi guys,

Thanks for all the advise before. I have one more question.
I currently am aligned with Hotbird at 13 degrees and want to additionally tune into Eutelsat W3 at 16 degress. Do you think I will need a separate dish, or can I use my existing 80cm offset and just install a second LNB? If I can put a second LNB, how will I know where to mount it, ie what distance would it need to be to the right of my exisring LNB?

Any advise will be appreciated.

Thanks for your help

dfgl

If I were trying this , it would be trial and error . I would hook the LNBF to a signsl meter & the receiver & move the LNBF around " hunting " the sweet spot . Not very scientific , I know , but .........................................

I think , if the sat you are hunting is east of the one you are aimed at , you need to hunt on the west side of the existing LNBF . The reverse should also be true .

Wyr

A T-90 Toroidal can do 3 degrees of separation, since it uses a primary/secondary reflector system, but I'm not sure about a standard dish. I'm not sure it could be done due to the physical size of the LNBFs, as the feedhorns would have to be closer together.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)