See OTA Signal Strength, Bit-rate, etc.

flyoffacliff

Original poster
Jun 10, 2020
United States
I am making my first jump to OTA TV. I wanted an ATSC 3.0 DVR for future proofing, but since this is not available yet, I ordered an ATSC 1.0 FireTV Recast.

The Recast has no signal strength indicators, and the ones on my TV are not very good. I would like something to measure signal levels, and hopefully other geeky things like the bit-rate.

So spent a few hours looking for a meter to do this, and haven’t had much luck. I guess it needs to support 8VSB instead of QAM. What do most techs use when pointing antennas? I found the Wingard RFL-332, but it’s designed for RVs. My budget is $70-$200 depending on features, and I am willing to buy used.

Thank you!

BEE26129-FE08-445C-A084-7BEFB770BEB1.png

Sencore has just announced a signal level meter for ATSC 3.0. The model SLM 1530 includes a demodulator, color display, and also works with ATSC 1.0 and QAM.

Reactions: TheKrell and FTA4PA
Sencore has just announced a signal level meter for ATSC 3.0. The model SLM 1530 includes a demodulator, color display, and also works with ATSC 1.0 and QAM.

Definitely not priced for the hobbyist crowd at $1995. :( Looks like a nice one though! :)

ATSC 3.0 Signal Level Meter

Definitely not priced for the hobbyist crowd at $1995. :(

ATSC 3.0 Signal Level Meter

I am waiting until September for Silicondust's Quatro 4K tuner. I believe it debuts at $150. I'll be ordering one as soon as they are available (assuming the KCMO/KCKS DMA has something in 3.0 to watch by then).

A new toy! :clapping

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts