See OTA Signal Strength, Bit-rate, etc.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

flyoffacliff

Original poster
Jun 10, 2020
United States
I am making my first jump to OTA TV. I wanted an ATSC 3.0 DVR for future proofing, but since this is not available yet, I ordered an ATSC 1.0 FireTV Recast.

The Recast has no signal strength indicators, and the ones on my TV are not very good. I would like something to measure signal levels, and hopefully other geeky things like the bit-rate.

So spent a few hours looking for a meter to do this, and haven’t had much luck. I guess it needs to support 8VSB instead of QAM. What do most techs use when pointing antennas? I found the Wingard RFL-332, but it’s designed for RVs. My budget is $70-$200 depending on features, and I am willing to buy used.

Thank you!

BEE26129-FE08-445C-A084-7BEFB770BEB1.png

Sencore has just announced a signal level meter for ATSC 3.0. The model SLM 1530 includes a demodulator, color display, and also works with ATSC 1.0 and QAM.

Reactions: TheKrell and FTA4PA
Sencore has just announced a signal level meter for ATSC 3.0. The model SLM 1530 includes a demodulator, color display, and also works with ATSC 1.0 and QAM.

Definitely not priced for the hobbyist crowd at $1995. :( Looks like a nice one though! :)

ATSC 3.0 Signal Level Meter

Definitely not priced for the hobbyist crowd at $1995. :(

ATSC 3.0 Signal Level Meter

I am waiting until September for Silicondust's Quatro 4K tuner. I believe it debuts at $150. I'll be ordering one as soon as they are available (assuming the KCMO/KCKS DMA has something in 3.0 to watch by then).

A new toy! :clapping

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)