OTHER Seeking Expert Advice on My Newly Acquired PrimeStar Satellite Dish by Channel Master

ILoveSats

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 28, 2023
America
I'm thrilled to share that I've recently acquired a PrimeStar Satellite Dish, and I'm eager to get it up and running for free-to-air TV. I've attached an image with the specs for your reference. The dish is manufactured by Channel Master, and according to the information available on SatelliteGuys, it seems to meet the required specifications for free-to-air reception.

I have a few questions that I'm hoping the experts here can help me with:

Point A: Dish Size and Reception​

I'm curious about the dimensions of the dish that contribute to its effectiveness. Is it the horizontal width or the vertical width that plays a more crucial role in signal reception?

Point B: LNB Specifications​

The specs on the LNB are a bit unclear to me. Could someone guide me on how to determine if the current LNB will suffice, or if I need to purchase a new one? Any tips on understanding LNB specifications would be greatly appreciated.

Point C: Fiberglass Weave and Maintenance​

Upon closer inspection, I noticed that the fiberglass weave of the dish is starting to show. Should I patch this with a specific type of filler?

Point D: Painting the Dish​

Lastly, I'm interested in giving the dish a fresh coat of paint. Is spray paint suitable for this, or are there specific types of paint that are recommended for satellite dishes?

I'm excited to learn from all of you and get my new PrimeStar dish in optimal working condition. Thank you in advance for your insights and advice!

IMG_0230.JPEG
IMG_0231.jpg
IMG_0232.JPEG