Seems I've been banned from the Blu-Ray forum here at SatelliteGuys

Status
Not open for further replies.

nonrev

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 2, 2007
NJ
All I did was post the truth and I seem to have been banned without even an email reason why. Go figure.

This is the post

Your using the wrong data for your ratio.
"Right data wrong data doesn’t matter, we all know their track record(horrible) when it comes to reporting accurate numbers. We can go all the way back to the week Transformers was released and BD had nothing but a BOGO that week and still won hmmm? How about the week Open Season (throw in)was #2 ranked in all BD sales hmmm? Counting all the $0.00 purchases hmmm?"

Amazon considering that the previous post called that thread 'Pathetic'. But I get banned. I simply stated the truth about the reliability of his source for numbers. Then gave examples to prove. It wasn't a personal attack.

Your posts were deleted by myself and Iceberg, you can read the comments why on the bottom of those... It was suggested you post in the WZ in some of them... The BD and HD DVD forums are not to flame nor dispute the posts in same, that is why the WZ was created... your permission was removed as you should realize not to keep reposting...

What was so flaming about stating the reliability of his source for numbers?????? Was he banned for this recent post:

Originally Posted by elwaylite
I dont read the threads, just the news you idiot. Your posts continue to show how stupid you are.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/blu-ray-forum/136951-onkyo-bd-606-october.html

Obviously diogen and I disagreed with his source of numbers and at least I stated my disagreement without stooping to name calling. Please define dispute? Are you saying untruths should live in the forums? No corrections?

As far as reposting I have in the past had problems posting that resulted in double postings or the page freezing and the post not going through so I thought that was what happened. I never saw any reason for deletion.

Nonrev,

A little friendly advice. You may take it for what you will. I mentioned in the Dear Friends thread that you are not the only one who "stoops to name calling", but you have, also. It's not so much what you say, but how you say it.

WOW that edit took 7 hours. I take it that you assume BD is better technology because of space. More space is not better technology my son. I think you need to look up the definition of technology. Cute of you to drop the HD DVD is dead talking point again, when I mentioned it I said ‘was’. Oh and I noticed each one of your rebuttals has conveniently not addressed why your great BD technology just doesn’t pan out to a better HD experience.

I have said the same thing to one of your "adversaries" on the other side. This type of posting drives people away that are here to seek useful information.

I saw the thread and it clearly stated that your posts were deleted because that forum is not the warzone. Iceberg mentioned that you post your response to the OP in the warzone. The mods here are pretty lenient. It seems to me that you were willfully disregarding their warnings. Feel free to back up your opinions with links, proof, etc. that support your opinions rather than stating opinion as fact. Treat other members with respect no matter what they say to you and I am sure they will restore your user rights.

S~

That post you quoted was in the warzone where gloves sometimes come off, not in the BD forum. I've tried to watch what I say in the BD forum. If its not about what you say but how you say it then why are the nasty attacks allowed in the BD forum against anyone who points out a concern? Those attacks seem to be where the most hateful language is used. Once again I never saw anything from Iceberg. Your very right the mods are very lenient considering I was call an idiot and stupid.

Please tell me how I could've rephrased the post that got me banned: "Right data wrong data doesn’t matter, we all know their track record(horrible) when it comes to reporting accurate numbers. We can go all the way back to the week Transformers was released and BD had nothing but a BOGO that week and still won hmmm? How about the week Open Season (throw in)was #2 ranked in all BD sales hmmm? Counting all the $0.00 purchases hmmm?"

While your at it tell me what about it is untrue, I have never lied about BD.

That post you quoted was in the warzone where gloves sometimes come off, not in the BD forum. I've tried to watch what I say in the BD forum. If its not about what you say but how you say it then why are the nasty attacks allowed in the BD forum against anyone who points out a concern? Those attacks seem to be where the most hateful language is used. Once again I never saw anything from Iceberg.

Please tell me how I could've rephrased the post that got me banned: "Right data wrong data doesn’t matter, we all know their track record(horrible) when it comes to reporting accurate numbers. We can go all the way back to the week Transformers was released and BD had nothing but a BOGO that week and still won hmmm? How about the week Open Season (throw in)was #2 ranked in all BD sales hmmm? Counting all the $0.00 purchases hmmm?"

While your at it tell me what about it is untrue, I have never lied about BD.

I've been here the whole time. I have always been format neutral, but during the war, I leaned towards HD-DVD. I still own more HD-DVDs than BDs, although I am catching up quickly. Gloves do come off in the warzone, but attacks against posters aren't allowed here either, though the mods have been much more lenient about it. Posts have been deleted in the WZ for attacking posters, also. The mods didn't tolerate it when the blu-boys came "trolling" into the HD-DVD forum either.

Back up your posts with a link to support your opinion and say it in a different way. Get rid of the hmmmmmssss. What I recal from the "Transformer" days is Paramount overstating their sales. And yes, BD had a BOG that week to counteract the affect. HD-DVD should have done something, also, but they never did. They were their own demise. The independent research companies like NPD, etc. don't make up numbers. They report what the retailers give them. The way retailers do BOGO's is they charge for both and discount the second. It works that way for everything, not just BD's. Sold is sold whether it cost 24.99 for two with a BOGO or 49.98 at regular price. I do agree with you, and have always stated, that I want to see unit sales and not dollars. But, that is the way retail works. NPD and others report numbers at the end of quarters and yearly, the rest of the time (weekly) we see revenue. In general they do not release numbers to the public.

No you don't lie about BD, but many of your opionions suit you. Which is fine. However, they don't fit everyone. Sometimes you come across like your opinion is the only one that matters and everyone else is wrong. Be more accepting of others opinions and viewpoints.

S~

All I did was post the truth and I seem to have been banned without even an email reason why. Go figure.

This is the post

"Right data wrong data doesn’t matter, we all know their track record(horrible) when it comes to reporting accurate numbers. We can go all the way back to the week Transformers was released and BD had nothing but a BOGO that week and still won hmmm? How about the week Open Season (throw in)was #2 ranked in all BD sales hmmm? Counting all the $0.00 purchases hmmm?"

Amazon considering that the previous post called that thread 'Pathetic'. But I get banned. I simply stated the truth about the reliability of his source for numbers. Then gave examples to prove. It wasn't a personal attack.
Seems like a new policy that only applies to the BD forum. A sad precedent for Satelliteguys. No questioning of anything bluray else you are banned. Now where have I seen that policy before????? www.blu-ray.com

I've been here the whole time. I have always been format neutral, but during the war, I leaned towards HD-DVD. I still own more HD-DVDs than BDs, although I am catching up quickly. Gloves do come off in the warzone, but attacks against posters aren't allowed here either, though the mods have been much more lenient about it. Posts have been deleted in the WZ for attacking posters, also. The mods didn't tolerate it when the blu-boys came "trolling" into the HD-DVD forum either.

Back up your posts with a link to support your opinion and say it in a different way. Get rid of the hmmmmmssss. What I recal from the "Transformer" days is Paramount overstating their sales. And yes, BD had a BOG that week to counteract the affect. HD-DVD should have done something, also, but they never did. They were their own demise. The independent research companies like NPD, etc. don't make up numbers. They report what the retailers give them. The way retailers do BOGO's is they charge for both and discount the second. It works that way for everything, not just BD's. Sold is sold whether it cost 24.99 for two with a BOGO or 49.98 at regular price. I do agree with you, and have always stated, that I want to see unit sales and not dollars. But, that is the way retail works. NPD and others report numbers at the end of quarters and yearly, the rest of the time (weekly) we see revenue. In general they do not release numbers to the public.

No you don't lie about BD, but many of your opionions suit you. Which is fine. However, they don't fit everyone. Sometimes you come across like your opinion is the only one that matters and everyone else is wrong. Be more accepting of others opinions and viewpoints.

S~
I’m a little lost here, if you could tie it down for me. Are you saying that you accept that source of numbers, don’t accept it, or accept it because that’s the only source right or wrong? If it’s either of the latter two then that’s all diogen and I were expressing.

Your posts were deleted by myself and Iceberg, you can read the comments why on the bottom of those... It was suggested you post in the WZ in some of them... The BD and HD DVD forums are not to flame nor dispute the posts in same, that is why the WZ was created... your permission was removed as you should realize not to keep reposting...
How can I read a comment on a post that was deleted. I never saw anything, nore did I see any post from any mod or PM or email.
Seems like a new policy that only applies to the BD forum. A sad precedent for Satelliteguys. No questioning of anything bluray else you are banned. Now where have I seen that policy before????? www.blu-ray.com
Maybe you should be careful I don't want to take anybody down with me.

NUmbers are always tricky business, especially when it comes to BOGOs. DUring the war percentages were based on unit sales. With a BOGO 2 are still being sold. So BD looked better from that standpoint. If the tracking had been done with revenue, then BOGO's don't look so good and HD-DVD would have looked better.

An analogy, today I went to the grocery store. Avacodos were four for a dollar. NPD tracks it and the avacado growers are wow look at all the avacados we sold. However the revenue is still a buck and the hit goes to the grocer. No one knows who took the hit with BD sales. More than likely the BDA worked together to play to those numbers and took the hit in the short term to win out in the long term.

HD-DVD really didn't have that option. Even though there were many companies involved, the main players were Microsoft and Toshiba. Microsoft has deeper pockets than anyone, but there only so much of a hit they are willing to take. Toshiba really couldn't handle it alone. The BDA together has more major CE companies to spread that loss around.

This is why you don't see me posting numbers.

S~

How can I read a comment on a post that was deleted. I never saw anything, nore did I see any post from any mod or PM or email.
OK, I logged out and did not see them...
I am afraid I owe you an apology, staff and others see what is on the below attachment on threads when they are deleted...So I am sorry for the misunderstanding...and sorry I did not Pm you, this pc does not have a e-mail account as it is my htpc... you have full rights again...but do not post info without a link as it comes across wrong...

Attachments

• nonrev.JPG
    nonrev.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 461

The reason is listed in the thread. The posting spot is still there, only the content is removed. It is visible.

I copied and pasted from the thread.

Yesterday, 09:54 PM
nonrev
This message has been deleted by dfergie. Reason: Not the WZ...

Today, 11:11 AM
nonrev
This message has been deleted by dfergie. Reason: Please open thread in WZ to reply...

Today, 12:16 PM
nonrev
This message has been deleted by Iceberg.

Today, 01:22 PM
nonrev
This message has been deleted by Iceberg. Reason: if you want to post it so bad, post it in the war zone

Today, 02:02 PM
nonrev
This message has been deleted by dfergie. Reason: Not the WZ, user permissions removed for this forum

That's why I said above that it appeared to me that you were willfully disregarding the mods.

S~

I know that when the poster removes the post it asks you to give a reason so that it can be listed.

How can I read a comment on a post that was deleted. I never saw anything, nore did I see any post from any mod or PM or email. Maybe you should be careful I don't want to take anybody down with me.
be careful apparently elway, and a few other babies are pessing the report button an crying. They know that if they whine enough about one person eventually a Mod will appease them.

Vurbano if that were indeed the case you would have been gone a long long long time ago. :)

I was away last night but from what I saw in the staff area the OP kept on posting the same thing over and over again even after staff kept removing it. To the staff it appeared he was just trying to piss off the staff when now it appears it was more just mis communication then anything else. :)

His behavior is why he is on my Ignore List, and why he will stay there. His repetitive rants are simply not worth my time anymore.

Vurbano, at least, often posts on different topics and has made positive contributions. He still gives the impression he sucks lemons for breakfast, though. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.