Self install, any advantage?

upsss

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
AZ
Is there any advantage of self installing all the hardware and just lease the receivers from them.

I call Dish and they say no advantage it is free, if they don't have to do that that would save them money, can it save me anything?

Thanks

Don't know if it would save you anything but it would be done exactly as you want it. The dish and cables would be just where you want them.

Dish Installers decide with you on dish location with LOS. If you order through Dish directly, it must be installed in view from the street unless it is verboten by HOA. All wires will be attached to the outside of your house up to the point where a hole is drilled through an exterior wall near your main TV. (Two holes if DVR feeds two TVs.) The initial feed is fitted at the DVR. ie. No wall outlet.

If you install yourself, you could run wires through the attic and walls with finished RG6 outlets inside. You want to limit the number of connections to preserve signal strength. You might want to install an outlet for networking at the same time if applicable. As for the wires that exit your attic, I would stop and call an installer. Even if you have to pay a little, the pro will install and point the dish in no time flat. If you do it yourself it will probably take 2 to 3 hours and you might not get it right.

Dish Installers decide with you on dish location with LOS. If you order through Dish directly, it must be installed in view from the street unless it is verboten by HOA. All wires will be attached to the outside of your house up to the point where a hole is drilled through an exterior wall near your main TV. (Two holes if DVR feeds two TVs.) The initial feed is fitted at the DVR. ie. No wall outlet. .

What are you talking about? The Dish has to be in view from the street. Never heard of such a thing and have been installing 10+ years. 2 lines to your DVR. this is not old school D* crap here. With DPP and Diplexers I not seen a DVR with 2 lines to it in a long time. Also not every house is on a slab, lots of places have basements to run the wires. Who says the customer is getting a DVR?

What are you talking about? The Dish has to be in view from the street. Never heard of such a thing and have been installing 10+ years. 2 lines to your DVR. this is not old school D* crap here. With DPP and Diplexers I not seen a DVR with 2 lines to it in a long time. Also not every house is on a slab, lots of places have basements to run the wires. Who says the customer is getting a DVR?

This is what I thought was so cool when I came back to Dish Network in Oct.2009.Had a 301 single tuner before wanted the 625 dual tuner DVR installer came out switched out the LNB on my Dish 500,went inside connected a separator to the single cable inside,hooked that up to both tuner inputs on the 625.:cool:

Had cable already run to the second bedroom so installer had to make the cable longer,then hookup the second TV because the 625 is also a Duo DVR(2TVs).:D

Last edited:
Yeah I have two dish installs at two different houses, one's a 500, one's a 1000.2. The 500 is just barely visible from the street, almost completely hidden though. The 1000.2 is not visible at all from the street. It's way up high on the house and on an incline on the house where it's not visible at all unless you go beside the house and look way up where you'll only see the backside of the dish.

In the house with the 500 I had them run the line around the parameter of the house, hidden by siding, and drill a hole near where the other TV was. With the 1000.2 that house has a basement so they just ran it all down there, granted it was a little sloppy, but I tidied up behind them tying them up on the floor joists as opposed to them just hanging in your face while you're walking around down there. Wasn't a big deal though.

Dish Installers decide with you on dish location with LOS. If you order through Dish directly, it must be installed in view from the street unless it is verboten by HOA. All wires will be attached to the outside of your house up to the point where a hole is drilled through an exterior wall near your main TV. (Two holes if DVR feeds two TVs.) The initial feed is fitted at the DVR. ie. No wall outlet.

Umm, I call bullsh*t! But nice try there sparky! :rolleyes:

Is there any advantage of self installing all the hardware and just lease the receivers from them.

I call Dish and they say no advantage it is free, if they don't have to do that that would save them money, can it save me anything?

Thanks
You'll go up on your roof and it'll get installed where you want it, within LOS, and not where they want. I just had work done on mine and the tech was on a 50' ladder on the face of my fireplace reaching up to the dish. And I was on the roof behind it at waist level with a cocktail in my hand. I handled all the gear, they just fine tuned it. Once up there, we found out the tech was acrophobic. He wasn't happy. Glad I was able to deal with the handling all the gear. There was no way he could have on a ladder that high.

My dish is behind my house as per HOA rules. I live in a land where every community is gated with golf courses, water acess,...No one has a dish on the front of their house. Das ist verboten.

The second hole is to get line out from two tuner DVR for SD 2nd TV.

kvnfl quit spreading disinformation if you don't know what you are talking about. With diplexers and Dish pro plus technology you only need one coax outlet per room regardless where the receivers are.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts