sending back equipment

I heard that a final notice should be coming soon....

My dad was on the phone with Voom yesterday asking a CSR some questions about certain channels not working. Anyway, she told him that there would be some sort of final notice coming out following the Voom shutdown. I don't know if it was supposed to be the week following the shutdown (sometime between May 2nd and 7th) or the week after the shutdown. She also said that the CSR's will be there at Voom through the month of May to help any customers that had any questions concerning this final notice. Now since all the speculation concerning the shutdown ceased officially as of 3:01AM EDST, we can only speculate now on what this final notice will be. Will it be a letter thanking Voom customers for their support of the service and stating that the customers can keep their receivers as a gift from them? Will it be a letter stating that there will be prepaid shipping boxes coming to your home to send the receivers back and also stating that they must be sent back by some point in time (maybe by the first of June to allow everyone to have a month's worth of free ota digital programming from the shutdown time of Voom or to give people enough time to get the boxes back to Cablevision before charging late return fees and ultimately a fee on the value of the box).
At this time, we can only guess what will happen until we get the final notice......

Might be a final bill and statement of prorared charges closing out peoples' accounts

lilyarbie said:
My dad was on the phone with Voom yesterday asking a CSR some questions about certain channels not working. Anyway, she told him that there would be some sort of final notice coming out following the Voom shutdown. I don't know if it was supposed to be the week following the shutdown (sometime between May 2nd and 7th) or the week after the shutdown. She also said that the CSR's will be there at Voom through the month of May to help any customers that had any questions concerning this final notice. Now since all the speculation concerning the shutdown ceased officially as of 3:01AM EDST, we can only speculate now on what this final notice will be. Will it be a letter thanking Voom customers for their support of the service and stating that the customers can keep their receivers as a gift from them? Will it be a letter stating that there will be prepaid shipping boxes coming to your home to send the receivers back and also stating that they must be sent back by some point in time (maybe by the first of June to allow everyone to have a month's worth of free ota digital programming from the shutdown time of Voom or to give people enough time to get the boxes back to Cablevision before charging late return fees and ultimately a fee on the value of the box).
At this time, we can only guess what will happen until we get the final notice......

Well since they did not allow self installs, Voom or their installers will have to come to my home and collect the receiver. I will not go out of my way to ship it to them. They do not have my SS# or my CC#. I will not ship it to them.

ram1220 said:
Well since they did not allow self installs, Voom or their installers will have to come to my home and collect the receiver. I will not go out of my way to ship it to them. They do not have my SS# or my CC#. I will not ship it to them.

Yeah, if they want it, they can come get it. I never signed anything that said I would go out of my way to return it. If they come get it I will give it to them, but I am not going to work for them since they did not fulfill my contract.

Yea i'm not climbing on my roof to take anything down and box up stuff on my own. I paid my bill every month, it's not our fault Voom ceased. When they send me a prepaid shipping label I will ship it back.

When Primestar went dark, they just abandoned the equipment in place. The same thing might happen with VoOm. I'm not sure, if the boxes can be used with any other service. The used dishes are basically near worthless and not worth the bother and expense of collecting and transporting them.

Like i've said a thousand times the boxes aren't goimg anywhere Why would they want them ? I'm keeping mine!! Not bad hd ota for a buck !

Mike500 said:
I'm not sure, if the boxes can be used with any other service.

Earlier today I found out that the DSR-550 is compatable with the HITS service. HITS is Headend In The Sky and is sort of like DBS for cable companies. The little mom & pop cable company a friend of my parents own has placed an order for 10 DSR-550s. These could have just been new units that have never left the Motorola warehouse or the ones being sent back by installs for instalations that never happened. Moto is no longer making the DSR-410 which was used for HITS.

rtt2 said:
Might be a final bill and statement of prorared charges closing out peoples' accounts

I've been thinking and haven't decided if I'm going to do it (probably will), but we could all be a thorn in Jimmy's side by not paying our final bills in full. I'm not saying to not pay our bills, but pay something like $10 per month till it is paid off. They would have to keep our accounts open and they can't turn us in to collection because we are making "good faith" payments :dev

I'm reasonably sure the Canada's Star Choice service could use the DSR550. I they use DSR500s and are taking pre orders for the Moto DVR530.

Broke my leg!

When the install was done I went up with the installer to clear some of the snow. On the way down the ladder kicked out in the ice layer under the snow and I fell 12 feet getting a broken fibula. Yes as some of you know I am a paid firefighter and got all the razzing at work. But come on. They really think I have not paid enough for them. HA! I will be damned if I climb up there again to get the LNB for them. Unless you really have to go up on your roof for something else don't. Even without the snow, if it can happen to me, it could happen to you. Yet if they want to give us hazard pay! Hey now there is an idea.

-scott

HDwonderer said:
When the install was done I went up with the installer to clear some of the snow. On the way down the ladder kicked out in the ice layer under the snow and I fell 12 feet getting a broken fibula. Yes as some of you know I am a paid firefighter and got all the razzing at work. But come on. They really think I have not paid enough for them. HA! I will be damned if I climb up there again to get the LNB for them. Unless you really have to go up on your roof for something else don't. Even without the snow, if it can happen to me, it could happen to you. Yet if they want to give us hazard pay! Hey now there is an idea.

-scott
I'm with you. I someone comes out at a convenient time and returns everythin to as before voom, I will allow that to happen.

If VOOM wants equipment back, they will surely not want the dish and possibly not the LNB. So any excuses about climbing on roofs and endangering oneself or leaving holes in roofs don't add up... They'll want the receivers for sure though.

speedyray said:
...since they did not fulfill my contract.
Anyone got their contract that they can post ?? I'd like to see if it does NOT say something about them going out of business and the liabilities of both parties if that happens.

hall said:
If VOOM wants equipment back, they will surely not want the dish and possibly not the LNB. So any excuses about climbing on roofs and endangering oneself or leaving holes in roofs don't add up... They'll want the receivers for sure though.

When I returned my E* equipment they wanted the boxes and the LNB. I told them I could not access the LNB where the dish was mounted. They then waived the return of the LNB. If they want anything, it will just be the boxes.

"So any excuses about climbing on roofs and endangering oneself or leaving holes in roofs don't add up"

Well...yeah...they do add up. They add up to me not wanting a sat dish on my roof from some belly-up venture, period.

Lob

Well i just called voom to ask when they were going to come to remove the dish from my roof, since voom is no longer active, and i was told that the Dish and the OTA are free gifts from Voom, and that they will be contacting us in a couple of weeks in regards to getting the recievers back. When i asked how the dish was going to be removed from my roof, i was told that i could ask the installer who comes out to install my next satellite service to take it down. I stated that i am not having satellite installed, and he stated then we does not know. I will have to talk to voom when they contact people in a couple weeks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts