Service Restored to 129 Satellite!

This was posted on Facebook -- I am not sure its an official Page... But never the less...

We are currently experiencing an interruption affecting the 129 orbital satellite location. We have identified the issue and are working as quickly as possible to get your channels restored. We apologize for the inconvenience.

in a "this doesn't look good" update, most of HD versions of the channels are gone from the "All Channels" listings on the guide, so looks like we are gonna have a few emergency uplinks tonight in the Uplink center, looks like the 129 Satellite may have have crapped out. i wonder if we will see an mass amount of HD versions being uplinked to 119 & 110 until they can fix the 129 issue.

Folks be sure you do not run any switch test during this outage.. It will only make it worse.. Channels will dissapear. And when the problem is fixed you will still be out.. Just sit it out and wait..

Willh699 said:
in a "this doesn't look good" update, most of HD versions of the channels are gone from the "All Channels" listings on the guide, so looks like we are gonna have a few emergency uplinks tonight in the Uplink center, looks like the 129 Satellite may have have crapped out. i wonder if we will see an mass amount of HD versions being uplinked to 119 & 110 until they can fix the 129 issue.

The big question is if that is even possible. Aren't the sats at 110 and 119 full already?

Sent from my iPod touch using SatelliteGuys

Dishman1978 said:
Terminator is becoming a reality! Skynet has taken the satellite and are searching for John Connor.

i'll be back.

I was watching terminator 3 right when it went down! I thought skynet had come online!! lol

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Also, I don't understand why, but recently DISH made the guide hide SD channels when HD is available on HDTVs. So in situations like this people can't even find the SD alternative.

Go to Preferences (8), then Guide Format (1), change channel preference to HD & SD - wa-la- your all All Channels will show both HD and SD

I'm sure they're just running Windows updates on 129 and rebooting it right?

...and the speculation begins! Let our imaginations run wild!

Space junk, anyone? I blame the Chinese.

Go to Preferences (8), then Guide Format (1), change channel preference to HD & SD - wa-la- your all All Channels will show both HD and SD

Yeah, I actually was telling someone else how to do that in this thread already, just saying I think it was a dumb move. However, never hurts to repost it, as I'm sure my post has been buried in this thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts