Service Restored to 129 Satellite!

Pardon me if this has been answered, but on my HD DVR, 90% of my HD channels are gone from my guide, and only the SD channels are showing up. Is this due to this outage or is there some sort of issue on their end with giving me the correct channels, like they have made a mistaken change on my account. Everything was fine yesterday.

According to info a few pages back, they removed the HD channels temporarily so that the boxes wouldn't show them and get stuck on signal loss screens or something similar. They should come back when the outage is over.

Dish's site says "We are currently experiencing an interruption affecting the 129 orbital satellite location causing an HD signal outage in some areas."
I don't recall anyone in any corner of the country saying their still getting 129, so this "some" is a word loosely being thrown out there and the typical downplaying I've come to expect from this world class company.......:rolleyes:

"Some" as in not everyone using Dish use the 129. It did not say "some" of the 129.

Jblank:

Please tell us you're kidding.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

Sir, I just got home and was just trying to watch some TV. Can you understand that I have a job, a wife, and two kids and don't have time to follow the ins and outs of Dish 24/7. Just a bit of patience and understanding please.

stardust3 said:
Dish's site says "We are currently experiencing an interruption affecting the 129 orbital satellite location causing an HD signal outage in some areas."
I don't recall anyone in any corner of the country saying their still getting 129, so this "some" is a word loosely being thrown out there and the typical downplaying I've come to expect from this world class company.......:rolleyes:

Lots of east coast subs are on EA and some stubborn folks are probably still on mixed arc setups, so their statement it correct. Only subs pointed at 129 are affected and many subs are not pointed at 129.

jblank,

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect you to read a few pages before you post. Apparently you do.

That's why I edited the first page to include "DISH Network has modified the guides to remove most of the affected HD channels..."

I smell some free PPV certificates going out in the near future as compensation.

Those things are virtually useless to me...

information from Dish on outage

I just got off an online chat with a tech at Dish. The issue is with the uplink, though she couldn't tell me exactly what happened. Dish does expect the issue to be corrected "soon" though the tech couldn't really give me a time line.

jblank,

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect you to read a few pages before you post. Apparently you do.

Why the attitude? I scanned but might have missed it. I humbly apologize to you for ruining your night by asking a question. What a jackass!

It is no longer necessary to manually change the Channel Preference on your receivers. To have the SD channels show in the guide, all you need to do right now is reset the receiver.

Also, please do not run a check switch test, this will not fix the problem

I wish I had gone out to tweak the 129 dish :-(. I was cursing my apartment maintenance guys thinking they had been out on my balcony and knocked the 129 dish (since the dish 500 was still working....

Just gonna play catch-up on the DVR tonight...

J

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts