setting up an Invacom Quad LNB with a Viewsat Ultra

Status
Please reply by conversation.

88turborx7

Original poster
Oct 28, 2008
Would anyone be able to tell me what the setting are in the Antenna Setup menu are. I have a 90 cm Fortec dish, Invacom LNB, SG2100 motor, 4 in 1 DiSeQC switch and of course the Ultra. I don't know what to set the LNB Type to, I think it should probably be set to standard from what I've read here so far. What about the DiSeQC 1.0 settings? I have the C outlet on the LNB hooked up to the LNB 2 outlet of the switch and the L to the LNB 3 outlet of the switch. I can choose None, Tone Burst-A, Tone Burst-B, Port 1, Port 2, Port 3 or Port 4. Right now I have the whole system setup, the dish pointed towards true south, but I don't really know what to do next. I had a much smaller dish up there before and I tried out the motor with that with the regular LNB. I was able to pick up 91, 82, 110 and 119 although I couldn't get them to work regularly, I think it was just dumb luck.

port numbers

You have to set the Port number in the lnb setup of each satellite you program.
Not much legal free to air on those pay-tv satellites, but may help you to set up your motor-tracking of the satellite arc. Set the LO , also in satellite setup, for each satellite you program. 10750 for the linear satellites, 11200 or 11250 for the circular sats (forget which one, since there's nothing unscrambled on 'em anyway, except NASA on 119)

Thanks Turbosat, I know there is not much legal FTA on those sats. My friend who has far more experience with FTA than I but zero on motorized setups helped me to try and set up my stuff and those are what he tried to pick up. I am just trying to get a signal and quality out of a few before I try experimenting with it. What do I set the port numbers to? Are the port numbers the LNB outlet numbers on the DiSEqC 4 in 1 switch?

Thanks Turbosat, I know there is not much legal FTA on those sats. My friend who has far more experience with FTA than I but zero on motorized setups helped me to try and set up my stuff and those are what he tried to pick up. I am just trying to get a signal and quality out of a few before I try experimenting with it. What do I set the port numbers to? Are the port numbers the LNB outlet numbers on the DiSEqC 4 in 1 switch?

Note that talking about getting "signal quality" on that list of satellites, and only that list is odd for this forum. While they can be useful for finding the birds in between them, with a motorized setup you're most interested in just your true south satellite, then tuning it to get the whole arc. You might want to think about 97/101/123/125 instead or just your true south.

The DiSEqC ports in the receiver and the LNB ports on the switch match up. Just pick the correct one you wired up.

As far as LNB type, post the list of all the LNB types you can select on the Ultra. Typical it will say "Standard" and you adjust the L.O. depending on the L or C port. (10750=L, 11250=C) Your device might have better choices available.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts