Setting up DSR905 for AMC11 programming

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Inno

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 13, 2006
NW Ontario, Canada
Is it possible to set a dish on AMC11 with a stationary dish or do you still need to swing it over to G15 for channel maps etc.?

hopefully it isnt factory reset ;)

actually now that I think of it, I've done factory reset and aimed at G5 100 and got the remaps

you wont know when the maps update but I wait like 10 minutes after locking a good signal on a channel and it seems to work just fine

If you can get it to G1/G15 channel 3, just put it there and leave it a while.

It should take a hit all on it's own, and you should start getting whatever free is available. It is already authorized. :)

If you can get it to G1/G15 channel 3, just put it there and leave it a while.

It should take a hit all on it's own, and you should start getting whatever free is available. It is already authorized. :)

Unfortunately I don't currently have a C-Band with a motor and most of what I want is on C3. I just want to see something with it tonight!! :hungry:
I'm getting ready to go out and turn my dish to C3 and see if I can scoop up enough signal with the 6 footer to make it work.
Tomorrow I may have to rig a temporary mount for the 10' dish I have.

Well I got 73 quality on tp11 with a Coolsat 5000 so we'll go in and see if that'll be enough for the 905.........fingers crossed....

Ok, so here's what I've done.
I found C3 with the Coolsat. I have the line from the C-Band dish connected to a 22Khz switch on the 0Khz input. The line going to the receiver is of course on the receiver output. The 22Khz side is going to a 4 way disecq switch for three Ku dishes.
I figured in doing it this way I and since I only have one line coming into the house currently that I could get away with doing it this way and still be able to use my FTA system.
I'm getting no signal at the 905, could the 22Khz switch be the problem?

so you unhooked the cable from the 5000 and hooked it up to the 905?

if so that might be the issue. I would use the loop out on the 5000 and hook it to the 905...since the 5000 works fine you know there is signal quality. The 905 just piggybacks off of that and channel 100 is on same polarity as TP11

I was just using the 5000 at the dish to find the satellite. I now have a line going straight from the LNBF right to the 905, still no signal.
Should I maybe try a factory reset?

I would try above first before a factory reset

slave the 905 to the Coolsat 5000 since you know the 5000 works fine

K, so I slaved it through my Pansat 3500, the 3500 is tuned in to QVC. The quality is jumping around a bit from 45-60 so I'm thinking that might be my problem, not enough signal.
Still get nothing on the 905.

Got frustrated, might have made a mistake. Did a factory reset and now all I have for C3 is channel 1, can't change to any other channel. Now I may have to find G1.........maybe I should wait 'till tomorrow and get the 10 footer up to make sure I have enough signal.

Got frustrated, might have made a mistake. Did a factory reset and now all I have for C3 is channel 1, can't change to any other channel. Now I may have to find G1.........maybe I should wait 'till tomorrow and get the 10 footer up to make sure I have enough signal.

Now you have a problem!

The 905 will not have G1 as a tile after a factory reset.

You will need to set the dish on G1, and setup and use G0 to get the maps to download.

You will also need a re-hit. I will pm you with the information you need to get an online rehit.

Bad Bad Inno! :)

lol.............impatient Inno.............I've been waiting for one of these receivers literally for years.
I'm finally in a good place for a big dish and had the extra money for one.
I knew as I was doing it that it was probably the wrong thing to do but I went ahead and did it anyway.

I have a plan to build a platform for my 10' dish so I'll get that setup tomorrow and it'll be motorized so I will be able to access all the necessary satellites. It's what I should have done in the first place but when I post the pics of all the snow we have you'll understand.
I will have to go out and move the dish from outside for the time being as I don't have enough actuator cable to get into the house but that's a minor detail.
So I have the OK from my fiance to spend the day tomorrow getting this set up.

Thank you so much for offering to pm the info for a re-hit to me.........I really appreciate that. You've gone way above and beyond what is expected!
I'll hang my head for awhile this evening for my punishment.

So just so I have this straight, get the big dish set up and on G1. Then set the receiver to G0 and leave it there for 10 minutes or so (probably longer just to make sure).
Then leave it on G1 and get it re-hit and add any programming I might be adding.
Then move it to the appropriate satellite and watch some tv, is that it?
Will I have to move it to G1 at the end of every month to keep the programming active or will it get the hit from the proper channel on say C3?

PM sent with instructions. :)

EDIT
So just so I have this straight, get the big dish set up and on G1. Then set the receiver to G0 and leave it there for 10 minutes or so (probably longer just to make sure).
Then leave it on G1 and get it re-hit and add any programming I might be adding.

It has to sit on G0 channel 5 to get the maps so that you even have G1 channel 3.

I don't remember, but probably correct, the maps have to download, then change the tile to G1 and get the rehit per the pm instructions. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)