Setting up DSR905 for AMC11 programming

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Here's a few from today. Pretty self explanatory.
I'll get some more if I'm home during daylight hours of the finished mount with the dish on it.

Attachments

• P1010002.JPG
    P1010002.JPG
    333.6 KB · Views: 106
  • P1010003.JPG
    P1010003.JPG
    517.8 KB · Views: 120
  • P1010004.JPG
    P1010004.JPG
    595 KB · Views: 117
  • P1010001.JPG
    P1010001.JPG
    438.5 KB · Views: 118
  • P1010013.JPG
    P1010013.JPG
    524.6 KB · Views: 118
  • P1010010.JPG
    P1010010.JPG
    401.4 KB · Views: 127
  • P1010007.JPG
    P1010007.JPG
    410.4 KB · Views: 135
Sounds interesting for sure. I like the way your girl helps, my GF does the same, in fact, she insisted I raise my CB base antenna, so I got better reception/receive. It is nice to have a partner that understands our hobbies & is supportive, you know? I have my OTA antenna dialed in & she is like "I think I may getting a divorce from Comcast at my house next" I am aprox 30 miles from Seattle & getting great a great picture on my networks.

Will do.......maybe not for a day or so. It got dark awfully fast on me today and I had other things on my mind!
It seems to have worked pretty well, it's 4 4x4x8 posts criss crossed......actually I have a picture of that, just have to get it from the camera.
Don't think I have any of the post mounted to it but I can't be sure.

My fiance was out there with me to get the dish mounted once the post was set up.........she's AMAZING!!!!! Both in strength and tolerance.......just had to mention that. I think she snapped a couple pics from the deck 'cause she knew I'd want to post them.

Well I wouldn't say she understands completely but she knows I enjoy it and in her opinion there are way worse hobbies........drinking, staying out all night with "the boys" etc.

Here's one of the pics she took while I was working on it. It doesn't show the mount so I'll have to get some at a later time.

Attachments

• DSCF2023.JPG
    DSCF2023.JPG
    955.8 KB · Views: 122
For sure........my first 4DTV, I'm pretty excited......been waiting literally years for this!
And what's more, it prompted me to install the motorized 10' dish I've been sitting on.........so FTA will be that much sweeter as a result. Planning to put a C/Ku feed on it but that might just have to wait 'till spring.

Oh, one more thing, the EPG, is it only available on G15 (G1) ? If so how often will I have to go back to it to download new information?

yes the guide is on G1 only

most folks set the receiver to move to G1 nightly but the 905 wont move the dish by itself so you would have to do it with the analog receiver (or manually)

So I can just move the dish to G1 every night before bed and it'll download the info. for the next day? Is it just for one day or does it store more than that?

So I can just move the dish to G1 every night before bed and it'll download the info. for the next day? Is it just for one day or does it store more than that?

My 4DTV (DSR922) can hold about 2 days. Sometimes it looses program info after a day. It depends what time you update. I always park on G1 overnight. I have my receiver set not to move dish at 2AM don't like it moving without me doing it. When my actuator died last week Monday on W5 my guide died at 1:30AM Wed. One of the first things I did when I got the dish moving again Fri is I went to G1 to get the guide. Gotta have my guide :)

Last edited:
Do you need to turn the receiver off to take the guide? I parked on G1-03 last night and I have the channel info on the left but no program info.
I have to get some programming activated today so I left it on G1-100 this morning. Does it matter if the receiver is on or off to take a programming hit? I turned it off.
Once I get set up with one of the programmers I can get a re-hit online if I was supposed to leave it on.

To force the issue, Go to G1 - 3 check Quality - "Options", "6", "5" should be above 50 I think, Power Off and unplug the receiver - 20 seconds or so, then plug-in and take a break for 20 minutes.

There's 2 ways to get the guide. Go to G1-3 and turn the receiver off. It will update even during the day. The other way I use is I go to G1-3 push guide scroll till there is no info. it will start updating. I usually go to Options 6,0,5, diagnostics F to watch it update... takes 10 to 20 min. Then hit exit and you should be good to go. You can leave it on G1-3 for hits. I always use that when I do a rehit, I leave the receiver on. G1-3 is actually a Starz mux.

Good work, Inno. Great photos :)

Your weather conditions would have pushed me past the limit. Pretty much this time of the year, I leave the dishes alone unless an emergency repair is needed. Just last week when I put up a dish for AMC9 with the temp in the teens, I was thinking to myself, is this worth it? After warming up and enjoying TV, it sure is.

This is the time I like to tinker with them because in the summer I'm not watching much TV. I'm more driven in the winter because there's less going on.
Although if it's too hot that's the weather that kicks the crap out of me........I hate hot humid weather for working outside.

It's supposed to get down to -31F tonight and stay down there for the next couple of days........that's a little too cold for me to be out there!
Good thing I got it done when I did, perhaps I can stay inside and enjoy it.

And the answer to that is............YES!!!
I haven't turned it to G3 yet to pick up my "freebies" and I ran out of time to play with it last night. I'm going to call and get some programming hooked up when I get home this evening. So far I watched the break between movies on HBO, that was the first thing I was able to view. That was one triumphant moment!
I'm just figuring out where all the satellites are I'll need and what they're called in 4DTV lingo.....the only one I can't figure out is GB, anyone?
I may pick up some actuator cable today and perhaps hook that up this evening........it'll be much easier to do that than keep running back and forth from the house to the dish.......especially with the temps we're supposed to get tonight........-31F........that's a definite BRRRRRR............

Status
Please reply by conversation.